Involuntary Coach ban support group

I think that sounds incredibly annoying!! I would totally have felt as you did, and I hate awkward experiences in stores like that. It makes me shy away from going in stores. For example, not the same thing as your experience, but I find Brighton stores very awkward. The people are overly friendly in a weird way. Plus I never buy anything there anyway, lol. I should add the outlet stores aren't like that, but the retail stores are weird.

I really think you should go for what you love--pink. It is your bag and you should love it :smile:

Those experiences sound super annoying as well. You are not too sensitive or picky--they are just not very good at relating to customers imo.

Thanks :smile:. I love pink but don’t know if it’s the right shade of pink and the bags may not be 100% ideal. I would have to see if any is instant love. If not, I might go for a different bag (got a few back up choices ready). I hear you on over friendly SAs. I went into one store (different brand) at that Mall to check out one bag in a certain color. The SA was being too helpful :lol: and got out 4 other bags in that same color to show me. He also had to show me the many different ways to wear each one (including adding various chains and accessories in the store). It was fun though. I knew I didn’t want to buy a bag on my trip in case I had any problems later — better to buy local for that reason. Anyways, I left 20 minutes later :lol: after exchanging contact info with the SA (at his request).

Wow! Now I get what you mean about your recent LV adventures. You didn't sound like you were harassed, but it was interesting to hear your stories and get a better picture. The man repeatedly telling you to leave your bag on the counter was too much. I have a funny image in my mind of the man. If only I could draw. Really, that is bizarre especially after you reached for your bag 3x. (I had someone take my tote out of my hand in a "helpul" way, and when I protested, wouldn't budge. Hopefully this is a once in a lifetime experience. 😄 We need to be ready to pull it out of the way and say don't touch my bag! Lol!) I am most surprised by the SA telling you not to get a pink bag because it's trendy. I imagine many of us will always love pink. :heart: You have talked about your love of pink enough that I encourage you to go for it! Am I remembering correctly that you prefer soft shades of pink? I see soft pinks as both neutral and ladylike for any age. Vibrant pinks are so much fun, but pink in whichever shade you love most is beautiful.

Did you have a good trip? I hope you had a wonderful time. :smile:

Thanks TO :smile:. We had a good short trip — ate lots of good food etc. I actually had a lot of fun shopping that day despite my LV experience there. It was mid week so not crowded and the SAs at various stores were actually nice. Tried on some beautiful bags and got an idea on which ones could work. I would have been happy to buy from any of those other SAs if I wanted to get a bag.

That man at LV was surely something else right? Just didn’t like his personality and vibe. It would have been different if I asked him for his opinion on pink or black but his opinion on the pink was completely unsolicited. Maybe he was trying to make the sale (of the black bag)? I am trying to think of what older male actors he reminded me in terms of personality only (NOT physical resemblance at all).

And yes, you remember correctly :smile: — I love soft pink the best although I like all shades. I think soft pink is the prettiest color but I know I would get more use out of a black/navy bag. Like I would prefer to travel with a dark color bag than a light one (like pink) because a dark one is more discrete and doesn’t get dirty as easily. Plus there were some discussions on this thread many years ago — someone said it’s better to buy a black/dark bag when it comes to a more pricey bag. And that statement has stayed with me for some reason (I really value and trust the opinions of all you wonderful ban ladies :smile:). I have 2 soft pink LV bags — should I get a 3rd? :lol:.

Ha! I was also accosted by my local Target for this! I was buying some stuff for my house & the lines for normal checkout were crazy long, so I hopped in the express line bc it was going to be WAY faster (there was no signage for the new rule). I had a cart, but I didn’t have a ton of stuff, just larger items, but I probably had ~15 things. The associate asked me if I had 10 items or less and I just said, “YEP!!” And went to the checkout. And I checked out faster than the lady that was ahead of me who purchased 2-3 items. :giggle:
You don't have Gestapo at your store. Mine has a few that literally count your items and send you off to the checkouts. They take their job very seriously even though the manager said they should really not be counting them. I just hide a few of mine until I am checking out, lol!

You don't have Gestapo at your store. Mine has a few that literally count your items and send you off to the checkouts. They take their job very seriously even though the manager said they should really not be counting them. I just hide a few of mine until I am checking out, lol!
Some people totally miss the point of their jobs. They forget that part of it is to make the customers happy.

Thanks Alexa :smile:. I don’t think I am any closer to a decision :lol:. Think I mentioned how confused I was a month ago — well, I may be more confused now if that’s possible. We all talked about this before because I mentioned it before — I still struggle with whether to get a practical bag with longevity and that DD might possibly carry in the future vs something super pretty and possibly pink :lol: that I lust after. Since I can’t seem to get the black Rogue top Handle, I am also exploring all-black purses from other brands. And other new brands never considered before.

There haven’t been long lines the times I went recently. I did have to wait yesterday because that was a busy and larger store. The SA I ended up with was this old guy (I say this respectfully as an old gal myself :lol:) I saw in the store earlier that I thought did NOT look like he could work there :lol:. Anyways, he didn’t know the products as well as me (since I am a TPFer and an avid fan of the brand). I told him what I wanted to see. I showed him the pic with the item#. He said he hadn’t seen this in a long time — well, it’s because it’s a newly reissued bag that launched 2 weeks ago. Anyways, I didn’t like that bag. I then asked him to show me a black bag (which I am considering in the new pink that’s coming out). I mentioned I am considering it in pink as well and he immediately said pink is too trendy and that black is classic. That kind of annoyed me. also, I had set my purse down on the counter while I was looking at the bags. When I went to look at myself in the mirror with each bag, I grabbed my own bag but he insisted I leave my bag there and he would watch it!! I let it go the first time and complied. The second time I went to the mirror, I grabbed my purse quickly before I went, hoping he got the hint. The third time I went to the mirror, he again insisted I left my bag there and he would watch it. I am not too concerned about him taking my stuff. But the counter we were at was literally steps from the front door. I didn’t feel comfortable with so many people walking by. Many luxury stores have smash and grab where a swarm of people rush in and grab as many bags a possible. What if it happened when I was at the mirror? Will he hold on to my bag with his dear life? :lol:. Regardless, it’s my preference to hold on to my bag.

Oh, I saw this sign at the entrance of a Target I went to while out of town and I thought of you :lol:

View attachment 5986444
You should totally get a bag that makes your heart sing vs something practical. You can't predict that DD will want it or use it. Maybe you'll have a granddaughter someday that will love pink.

I hate when SAs put forward an opinion that isn't the same as mine. I'm less likely to buy in that case. A good SA will try to understand your tastes and needs.

Holy moly, that’s unhinged!! I’d definitely hide stuff, too.

Alright ladies, I just got home with my new PINK bag :smile: :party:. Give me a few minutes to settle in and take a pic and write up the details :lol:

Edit — here it is….

It’s a pale pink. Hard to capture the color, it looks peachy pink here but in other lighting, it doesn’t look peachy.

IMG_8025.jpegIMG_8026.jpeg

I had bought something from a different SA at my regular store 2 years ago when my SA was on vacation. I liked that other SA — she texted me to follow up after my purchase so I had her number. Anyways, I texted her today (not sure if she still worked there). She replied and told me they have those new pink bags in store (today is the first day available). She seemed super nice and sweet on the text even though I hadn’t talked to her in 2 years. I got to the store an hour later and one of the 3 bags I was considering just sold. They always receive only one of each new item at a time. Anyways, I looked at the other two bags. One was a bucket bag — which I don’t have any but I am not sure if I like it enough. The other is a small Speedy which I own in monogram and the style works for me. My only hesitation is that I generally don’t like having a giant monogram in the front. I was going to hide the giant LV with a scarf or a chain charm. I brought a scarf of mine and the SA asked another gal there to do a bow for me. I love the way it looked so much that I was instantly sold on the bag despite the giant LV (which is probably not terribly noticeable:lol: since it blends in). I was a little caught up in the moment — the SA was so sweet and fun and the pink bow looked so pretty. I didn’t even bother looking at the black/navy bags I had as my backup options. I am pleased with my decision and felt so much better about the whole experience of buying my last LV bag. Thanks for all your help ladies — I really needed your advice and encouragement on this :smile:

Last edited:
Alright ladies, I just got home with my new PINK bag :smile: :party:. Give me a few minutes to settle in and take a pic and write up the details :lol:

Edit — here it is….

It’s a pale pink. Hard to capture the color, it looks peachy pink here but in other lighting, it doesn’t look peachy.

View attachment 5987090View attachment 5987091

I had bought something from a different SA at my regular store 2 years ago when my SA was on vacation. I liked that other SA — she texted me to follow up after my purchase so I had her number. Anyways, I texted her today (not sure if she still worked there). She replied and told me they have those new pink bags in store (today is the first day available). She seemed super nice and sweet on the text even though I hadn’t talked to her in 2 years. I got to the store an hour later and one of the 3 bags I was considering just sold. They always receive only one of each new item at a time. Anyways, I looked at the other two bags. One was a bucket bag — which I don’t have any but I am not sure if I like it enough. The other is a small Speedy which I own in monogram and the style works for me. My only hesitation is that I generally don’t like having a giant monogram in the front. I was going to hide the giant LV with a scarf or a chain charm. I brought a scarf of mine and the SA asked another gal there to do a bow for me. I love the way it looked so much that I was instantly sold on the bag despite the giant LV (which is probably not terribly noticeable:lol: since it blends in). I was a little caught up in the moment — the SA was so sweet and fun and the pink bow looked so pretty. I didn’t even bother looking at the black/navy bags I had as my backup options. I am pleased with my decision and felt so much better about the whole experience of buying my last LV bag. Thanks for all your help ladies — I really needed your advice and encouragement on this :smile:
It's lovely and totally you! I'm glad you didn't settle.

• Thanks
Reactions: Iamminda and Alexa5

Edit — here it is….

Congrats! I love the color and the bow, and glad you had a great experience!

• Thanks
Reactions: Iamminda
That’s great :smile:. It’s a musical right? Did he have fun? Has he done other plays/musicals? Did all the kids rehearse for a long time?
This one is not a musical. He has done plays since he was in 1st grade maybe? This person started a program to encourage young people to start in theater. This was his first high school play though. And they have been rehearsing all second semester. This past two weeks a lot…our evenings have been hectic, especially for him. He has another play with the outside group next month, and that one is a musical.

Edit — here it is….

Beautiful! :love: Such a lovely shade of pink! :loveeyes: Enjoy!