Involuntary Coach ban support group

This is funny…we were purchasing new luggage as we want international sized so we can carry on for a trip later this spring. Our current ones are domestic carry on sized which is a couple inches larger. Anyway, I lol that I am cautious about how much I spend on those and it is much larger than the handbags I buy. I have spent more on individual handbags many times! I did find a luggage shop in another state that had a discontinued item I wanted and they gave us 25% off for the newer version as well. (They only had one of the discontinued and I asked for the discount on both). The brand we are getting is rarely marked down, so it was nice that they did that.
That is nice you found the right ones and for a better deal! :smile:

• Thanks
Reactions: Alexa5
Argh! Selling is getting so terrible!

I listed a couple bags on Etsy because I thought they had the lowest fees. They sold within a day and then I find out, I was charged nearly 25% in fees because the buyers found the listings through advertisements. It turns out you are automatically enrolled in advertisements when you create a listing. There is no way to verify that the buyers actually did come from an ad; actually it seems suspect that an ad would have been posted so soon after me creating the listing. Then a few days later, Etsy tells me they are putting a hold on my account because I've had too much recent activity. From now on, they will be holding on to 30% of my sale money until they know the buyer is satisfied. To make matters worse, one of the packages is lost in the mail. Usually when I open a missing mail search, the package miraculously starts moving again, but it has been 2 days and nothing has happened. I think it could really be lost this time. I didn't buy any extra insurance so the bag I sold for $250 I'll only get $100 at most for if I ever get paid by insurance.

So because of Etsy being a pain, I listed some items on Mercari and I've sold a few. Then today Mercari announces a huge change. They are no longer charging fees to the seller but to the buyer and they will allow returns for any reason!!! I think they are one step from going out of business.

ETA: Mercari is getting ominously like Vestiaire. I wonder if they are going to be gobbled up by them like Tradesy.
Wow! That sounds confusing the way Etsy handles sales. And Mercari buyers will be paying the listing fees (and yikes returns for any reason!). Are they adding that fee in so the buyer won't realize it?

I hope your package gets moving. I rarely send packages and have to ask where they are with USPS too. After Alexa told us about Pirate Ship, I eventually checked it out, and UPS is sometimes a better deal with them. It's nice to have USPS pick up here though.

Reactions: Alexa5
Wow! That sounds confusing the way Etsy handles sales. And Mercari buyers will be paying the listing fees (and yikes returns for any reason!). Are they adding that fee in so the buyer won't realize it?

I hope your package gets moving. I rarely send packages and have to ask where they are with USPS too. After Alexa told us about Pirate Ship, I eventually checked it out, and UPS is sometimes a better deal with them. It's nice to have USPS pick up here though.
The buyers can see the fee. When they go to pay, it lists all the costs separately. I think once buyers see that, they'll change their mind.

I'm almost sure they'll never find my package. Usually when you do a missing mail search, the packages start moving shortly afterwards. This time nothing is happening. I'll have to refund the buyer pretty soon. She is being pretty patient.

I can't use Pirate Ship because most of these selling sites set it up so you are penalized if you don't buy the postage through their site.

The mercari thing is funny because 98% of internet activity highly opposes the changes for both buyers and sellers. For sellers because of the returns and because they will have less buyers due to the fees the buyer has to pay. And for the buyers because the fees really add up if you buy something under the new changes. You can go to anywhere, whether it be updated reviews for mercari, reddit, fb, mercari instragram and see the reactions.

That all said on a fb group this one lady keeps posting all practical like we are a bunch of idiots and says: nothing has changed, the fees that were always there have just moved from the seller to the buyer--you were already paying them it just looks different now. She seems to assume all sellers will reduce their prices now (they won't), and seems to ignore that extra fees ALWAYS turn people off. Someone had a good example: it is like when JCPenney temporarily had no sales and coupons and said they would simply give you the best price. People hated it--they want to feel like they are "saving" money. Also people posted real life examples and the fees really made their purchase cost exponentially higher now on mercari.

Plus this is resale--how do you know if the price they are offering is lower or a good price? That is really all up to the buyer. You could have an item for 250 and lower it to say 240 and feel like you have done a favor. The buyer won't really know the difference, will still want to make a low offer to make up for their costs: taxes, shipping, and fees. The perception of the buyer on the price has always been the most important aspect as they are the ones spending money--you will get a sale if the price is right or you won't if it is too high for them.

anyway, she is just annoying me, and thankfully only 1% agree with her. The rest see it as what it is--just a big mess on a platform a lot of people used to use and like a lot (both as seller and buyer).

The mercari thing is funny because 98% of internet activity highly opposes the changes for both buyers and sellers. For sellers because of the returns and because they will have less buyers due to the fees the buyer has to pay. And for the buyers because the fees really add up if you buy something under the new changes. You can go to anywhere, whether it be updated reviews for mercari, reddit, fb, mercari instragram and see the reactions.

That all said on a fb group this one lady keeps posting all practical like we are a bunch of idiots and says: nothing has changed, the fees that were always there have just moved from the seller to the buyer--you were already paying them it just looks different now. She seems to assume all sellers will reduce their prices now (they won't), and seems to ignore that extra fees ALWAYS turn people off. Someone had a good example: it is like when JCPenney temporarily had no sales and coupons and said they would simply give you the best price. People hated it--they want to feel like they are "saving" money. Also people posted real life examples and the fees really made their purchase cost exponentially higher now on mercari.

Plus this is resale--how do you know if the price they are offering is lower or a good price? That is really all up to the buyer. You could have an item for 250 and lower it to say 240 and feel like you have done a favor. The buyer won't really know the difference, will still want to make a low offer to make up for their costs: taxes, shipping, and fees. The perception of the buyer on the price has always been the most important aspect as they are the ones spending money--you will get a sale if the price is right or you won't if it is too high for them.

anyway, she is just annoying me, and thankfully only 1% agree with her. The rest see it as what it is--just a big mess on a platform a lot of people used to use and like a lot (both as seller and buyer).
What they should have done is to hide it for the buyer in the search. It would be a shock to search for an item, put it in your cart, then see the fees and shipping added, raising the price by a huge amount. They could show the adjusted price, including the fees, in the search. If a buyer lists an item at $100 and it will be $125 for the buyer, then just show $125 in the search, similar to what Tradesy used to do with the shipping fee.

Hi ladies (and gents?)! I'm back from Accra, Ghana! We had a family trip there. Me, my husband, the 2 kids, my mother and stepfather. So a big group. It was so hot, lol. But we made it, quite the experience! My skin loved the humidity, and my allergies were non-existent there. They flared up again immediately once I got back :/ . My husband's parents are from there, so we saw his father (his mother has passed). He (husband) arranged for 2 of his family friends to drive us all over, and we needed 2 cars to go places because it was so many of us. Worst traffic I have ever seen in my life. Nothing even comparable. Are there road rules, or are the rules suggestions, lol?

Anyway, the pink quilted tabby I ordered about 6 weeks ago shipped while I was away. I had a vacation hold so I just got it today. Can I ask for some perspective? The back and inside flap look fine to me. But the front right bottom, not so sure. It's wrinkled, but that's not what's bothering me so much. It's that it's pulled in a way that you can see the white in the cracks. In the pic it looks dusty on the bottom, but it's not dust ... it's like not dyed in a thoroughly saturated way. That might not even be why it looks like that, just my lack of understanding. Am I being obnoxious in finding this problematic? It's not a big deal, right?

coach tabby corner.jpg

the back and inside flap look fine to me. The leather around the snap is puckered, but I don't really mind that. Though I can't help to recall someone saying about a similar look on a different bag that it looked like Uranus, lol

1711829582680.png

The buyers can see the fee. When they go to pay, it lists all the costs separately. I think once buyers see that, they'll change their mind.

I'm almost sure they'll never find my package. Usually when you do a missing mail search, the packages start moving shortly afterwards. This time nothing is happening. I'll have to refund the buyer pretty soon. She is being pretty patient.

I can't use Pirate Ship because most of these selling sites set it up so you are penalized if you don't buy the postage through their site.
I recently tried a missing mail search, and it glitched for days saying it wasn't time (but it was!) and to come back after the date which had passed. 😂 It said to file a claim for refund. So I did, and the package moved fast and was delivered the next morning. If you have the option to submit a claim, I hope it works for you. This sounds frustrating!

Reactions: Alexa5 and whateve

Yes! It is psychological and matters.
What they should have done is to hide it for the buyer in the search. It would be a shock to search for an item, put it in your cart, then see the fees and shipping added, raising the price by a huge amount. They could show the adjusted price, including the fees, in the search. If a buyer lists an item at $100 and it will be $125 for the buyer, then just show $125 in the search, similar to what Tradesy used to do with the shipping fee.
I like your idea to show the final price.

I recently tried a missing mail search, and it glitched for days saying it wasn't time (but it was!) and to come back after the date which had passed. 😂 It said to file a claim for refund. So I did, and the package moved fast and was delivered the next morning. If you have the option to submit a claim, I hope it works for you. This sounds frustrating!
Thanks! I had the same thing happen when I tried to do the missing mail search. I can't remember how I got around it. It looks like I won't be able to open the claim for a few more days. I'm worried the buyer will ask for her money back before then. I won't get all my money back from the claim even if they pay since I didn't buy extra insurance.

I'm worried about another package that is on its way to me. It's a prescription from my pharmacy. It has never moved from the acceptance at the post office, 5 days ago. If it never gets here, I doubt I will be able to get the prescription filled again right away.

Hi ladies (and gents?)! I'm back from Accra, Ghana! We had a family trip there. Me, my husband, the 2 kids, my mother and stepfather. So a big group. It was so hot, lol. But we made it, quite the experience! My skin loved the humidity, and my allergies were non-existent there. They flared up again immediately once I got back :/ . My husband's parents are from there, so we saw his father (his mother has passed). He (husband) arranged for 2 of his family friends to drive us all over, and we needed 2 cars to go places because it was so many of us. Worst traffic I have ever seen in my life. Nothing even comparable. Are there road rules, or are the rules suggestions, lol?

Anyway, the pink quilted tabby I ordered about 6 weeks ago shipped while I was away. I had a vacation hold so I just got it today. Can I ask for some perspective? The back and inside flap look fine to me. But the front right bottom, not so sure. It's wrinkled, but that's not what's bothering me so much. It's that it's pulled in a way that you can see the white in the cracks. In the pic it looks dusty on the bottom, but it's not dust ... it's like not dyed in a thoroughly saturated way. That might not even be why it looks like that, just my lack of understanding. Am I being obnoxious in finding this problematic? It's not a big deal, right?

View attachment 5975498

the back and inside flap look fine to me. The leather around the snap is puckered, but I don't really mind that. Though I can't help to recall someone saying about a similar look on a different bag that it looked like Uranus, lol

View attachment 5975500
Sounds like an exciting trip! I bet if you stayed there long enough, you would have developed allergies to something local but it would have been nice while it lasted. I haven't left the country in decades, before I developed allergies. When we travel around the US, my allergies follow me. I wonder if I went further away if my allergies would go away like yours did.

I think drivers in other parts of the world don't follow traffic rules the same way we do. When we lived in Saudi Arabia there weren't street names. I don't know how mail got delivered. It wasn't uncommon to be driving along and to all of sudden find a big hole dug in the middle of the road, with no cones or warning of any kind around it. I remember once we saw a truck sticking vertically out of one of these holes! Also there weren't towing services or repair shops so when cars got in accidents or broke down, they just left them where they died.

The wrinkles in the bag are probably inevitable. I've never seen one that didn't have wrinkles some place, but as for being undyed in the wrinkles, that might bother me. It depends on how noticeable it is. Generally if something bothers me when I get a bag, it still bothers me later. But it is near the bottom so I'm not sure how much you are going to see it.

That is a great idea, and makes it more transparent during the search.

View attachment 5975498

View attachment 5975500
What a great trip! I think for the bag it just comes down to if you are okay with it or if it will bother you.
Thanks! I had the same thing happen when I tried to do the missing mail search. I can't remember how I got around it. It looks like I won't be able to open the claim for a few more days. I'm worried the buyer will ask for her money back before then. I won't get all my money back from the claim even if they pay since I didn't buy extra insurance.

I'm worried about another package that is on its way to me. It's a prescription from my pharmacy. It has never moved from the acceptance at the post office, 5 days ago. If it never gets here, I doubt I will be able to get the prescription filled again right away.
I hope your meds move. USPS has been an issue for that in several areas lately. It is unfortunate. Let’s be real, they have been doing this business for years and should improve, not get worse. Very annoying.