Interesting information from FSH Hermes Paris

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lovely SA who attended us said there is a new policy at FSH to make it easier for walk-ins to obtain coveted Birkins and Kellys, while trimming down their waitlist, such that those who are allowed on the waitlist/order list would have to wait longer. Many ladies were just asking for Birkins/Kellys outright, and getting them!

Does that mean H is increasing their production of bags?

I believe there is still a distinction between how FSH treats their regular customers and tourists. I am in no position to comment in detail, since I don't shop at the mothership but based on the bags I see on my friends who shop with FSH, it's very obvious.

MrsS, that's interesting to know, and I'm not in the least bit surprised. Could you elaborate just a teeny bit about what kind of bags your regular FSH shopper friends could get?

Thanks for the information! I will be out there for my birthday and was hoping to pick up something special! Thanks again I hope that you had a lovely trip!

Yes I was :P Figured it might open doors! But from what I observed at FSH, it wasn't really necessary in terms of buying Birkins (at least, the non-exotic ones), because non-Hermes-toting ladies, who were pretty clearly tourists, seemed to be able to get them easily.

And I must add that the Lindy is really quite useful for travelling. While I favour bags with internal zips and such for security while overseas, the 2 internal side pockets in the Lindy worked just as well to hold my wallet and phone – it would take a pretty smart pickpocket to reach it and grab them there! Plus the shoulder strap is great too.

Your valuable info made my day!! I'll go to Paris this July and definitely visit FSH. Dreaming of getting my hand on my first Birkin already:woohoo:!! Thank you sooo much, Roxane!... BTW, I'm planning to travel with my Lindy as well. Will it get heavier (after a while)? (mine is clemence) :shrugs::flowers:

Thanks for the tips. I appreciate it...since I'll be in PARIS in late April.

Anyone here going to PARIS late April (20th-30th) and want to meet at FSH??

PM me please! I would love to meet fellow tfers in PARIS and have a fabulous lunch or coffee afterwards.

I'll be there by myself :sad: April 18 to 25th...there is also an Hermes TPF meet and greet in Paris around that time

http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes-t...e-pf-gathering-paris-april-2008-a-124755.html

but there hasn't been much activity in the thread as of late so I am not sure who all is still going. There were like 30+ people at one point.

The DH was sent on an Hermes hunt around London a few months ago and came back empty-handed. After our Hermes excursion to FSH, he said he couldn't understand why anyone from the UK would want to buy in the UK, where shops are more expensive and have much smaller collections!

Exactly what my DH says! We find that the SAs at FSH definitely friendlier than the ones in London.

That's as maybe but there is another one coming up

I think in London, (the Bond St boutique at least ) it works 2 ways...in January I requested a bag from the buyer. She went to Paris for podium in early February and placed the specific order for me. She also orders more generally other items she thinks will sell and in March the list is open to reserve anything on her list which is not reserved. The general list will open soon...best of luck with securing your dream bag. :smile:

I think in London, (the Bond St boutique at least ) it works 2 ways...in January I requested a bag from the buyer. She went to Paris for podium in early February and placed the specific order for me. She also orders more generally other items she thinks will sell and in March the list is open to reserve anything on her list which is not reserved. The general list will open soon...best of luck with securing your dream bag. :smile:

I'm finding all of this rather confusing because the floor manager in Bond Street actually told me the podium is opening soon for delivery in 12-18 months...??!! :shrugs:

Status
Not open for further replies.