Interesting info on Ottone

Don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, imo, the Ottone is best displayed on larger items like Cabat, Sloane, knot clutch, zip around wallet etc. My little phone strap looks kinda lame. :shame:

Aww... Ms P, I don't think it would be cos we both have the same gold-ish coloured Nokia and I would believe the strap was a perfect match! I chanced on it and it was at 30% off but I did not buy cos I wan't using the Nokia then and the Samsung does not has a strap point!!! Now that I have taken back my Nokia from my Mom (gave her my new Samsung instead), the Ottone trap is gone :hysteric:

Aww... Ms P, I don't think it would be cos we both have the same gold-ish coloured Nokia and I would believe the strap was a perfect match! I chanced on it and it was at 30% off but I did not buy cos I wan't using the Nokia then and the Samsung does not has a strap point!!! Now that I have taken back my Nokia from my Mom (gave her my new Samsung instead), the Ottone trap is gone :hysteric:

Thanks mlbags, you're ever the sweetie and always put a smile on my face. :heart: I have changed my phone to another Nokia which does not have any strap holder (as its supposed to be a business/executive phone :blah:). So, the little thing is still sitting in the box. So nice of you to give your new phone to mom.

Just a quick question, anyone here thinks the Ottone is not suitable for day use? Too loud or shiny a colour for day? TIA!

mlbags, at least for me personally since I'm a bit shy to wear bright or metallic colored bags I prefer it in smaller doses like a clutch or a smaller purse. For metallic colors like ottone I'd prefer it for more for an evening look/going out look to add an extra polish. Although, when I see pics of other posters with their ottone cabats I think it looks great on them for day use. All comes down to personal preference I suppose.

Just a quick question, anyone here thinks the Ottone is not suitable for day use? Too loud or shiny a colour for day? TIA!

Ottone is such an interesting gold; it's not loud or shiny. It's a very subtle sparkle. It probably is more suitable for evening but depending on the occasion, I could see using it in daytime. Of course now it will only be used in some of the Cabats, no other bags.

Since ottone is becoming more scarce except in cabats, I thought I would share my find for the day. My Saks store has one ottone continental wallet in stock. I have the exact same wallet (cc slots on both sides rather than just on one side) in the pink/gold color so (fortunately) was not tempted into buying this one. If anyone is interested, PM me for the phone number. I don't ever remember seeing this wallet on Saks.com so I was a little surprised to see it in my store.

Since ottone is becoming more scarce except in cabats, I thought I would share my find for the day. My Saks store has one ottone continental wallet in stock. I have the exact same wallet (cc slots on both sides rather than just on one side) in the pink/gold color so (fortunately) was not tempted into buying this one. If anyone is interested, PM me for the phone number. I don't ever remember seeing this wallet on Saks.com so I was a little surprised to see it in my store.

Sometimes the stores will have a gem like that. The online offerings seem a bit limited.

I know that some of you have mentioned that ottone is coming back for cruise in the cabats but I've been told that this will be a different ottone from cruise last year. Here is what my BV SA emailed me...

"so I want to inform you that the Cabat (on the photo) is the one of last Cruise Collection and won't be re-produced again. But we will have a Cabat with a golden colour which looks like oxidized. It has a slight golden-copper look."

:weird: Has anyone else heard of this different ottone???

BV will be producing a very limited number of Slone in Ottone for December. My SA already pre-sold one of the bag to me. Please call your local SAs and ask them about it. I also just saw the new gold/oxidized cabat at the trunk show. It is stunning. The leather is in deer skin instead of goat leather, so the Cabat seems a little bit heavier than the regular one. HTH.

Shelly

Syma, there was this Cabat at the SS 2008 Runway show which was a dark bronzey gold. I think this is the color you SA refers to. Check out the BV site, they updated it with a preview on the new collection.

i went to the trunk show on monday and saw the new oxidized cabat. i was also told the old ottone was not being produced again and that this is the replacement. it was beautiful.

Thanks annie and C24 I did ask quite a few BV store SA's but they all said the same thing as Annie that the ottone was not coming back only the oxidised gold cabat for SS08, unless the ottone is only coming to the asian market??

i was at bv hk and the sa was telling me that they are accepting pre-orders for the ottone asian sized cabats with a deposit paid. i was soooooo tempted!

i tried on the asian sized cabat in the shop - it was one of ostrich skin. but the size is nice! not too big! i loooove the size!!!