In Search of New Handbag

SarasotaLady

Sep 16, 2007
A new every day handbag is at the top of my wish list for fall -- but I am clueless as to what to get. Price range under $500. Hope the folks who post to this forum will be able to suggest some possibilities along the lines of the following:

medium size
quality leather/construction-- has to last.
without all the heavy /distracting hardware
shoulder bag that doesn't come up to armpit --I feel dowdy holding bag on my arm
outside pockets for cell/keys, ideally

Have looked in all local dept stores -- mostly DB and Coach, which don't fit the bill. Any suggestions would be
greatly appreciated.

have you checked your local TJ Maxx, Nordstrom Rack or other higher end outlets? I find lots of great black bags there, with your price range you could find something great! Banana Republic also has some cute bags this fall.

The Marc Jacobs bags are beautiful. However, try the Off Fifth at Ellenton...they have TONS of designer bags on sale. Just bought a Cynthia Rowley, Isabelle Fiore and Michael Kors for less than $200 each!

Also, try haydenharnett.com. I just bought their Olive Inka bag during their sale. Nice leather bags, good construction. Apparently they have sales all the time as well.

How about a Sigrid Olsen?

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/27719223/c/6.html

SigridOlsenyunaleathershopper.jpg

I agree, you can find something more "designer" if you shop the outlets. That is always my pref. Who wouldn't want to find a bag for 30-60% off reg. price? My off 5th had some great MJ collection bags (my personal love), some for under $500, great cynthia rowley, francesco biasia, isabella fiore, etc. Good luck!

Everyone,

Thanks so much for your suggestions. Unfortunately, I'm not a great outlet shopper-- I don't often click with what's on sale unless I know what I'm looking for. Was hoping for some names/styles . Have seen some interesting bags by Furla-- but not sure if I can wear them as shoulder bags.

Thanks again.