I'm struggling and I need help >> Graphite Box Calf

MillStream, a dear friend prompted me to analyse my H collection and I'm already encroaching on a cap as to the number of bags I should have. I actually didn't realise I have this number. So I cannot and must not (to avoid a real scolding) think black alongside graphite. It's this or that, and not both.

Hmmm ... I like your comment about PHW with Graphite to stay in the grey tones. Someone else said the same too!

I don't own a single piece of H bag with GHW, and am thinking perhaps it would look nice on Graphite. I am actually looking for a bag with GHW. I honestly am not very clear headed right now, so I will need second looks or even third looks to decide.

Yes, I agree with you > Graphite croc is TDF. :sweatdrop:

Wait a moment, mrssparkles, before ordering Graphite PHW! If you don't have a Black GHW bag in your collection, and wouldn't be adding one later, I'd probably go with that combination. You'll be as happy to use it in 20 years as you would be tomorrow. It's as classic as it gets, so it's a piece you might want in your collection.

The contrast of Black with GHW is so elegant, and this combination is timeless. I like Graphite with PHW because it's cool tone leather with cool tone hardware, and think it would be very elegant, too. If you'd never miss Black GHW, and only you know the answer, the Graphite PHW would be a wonderful choice. Please let us know what you decide!

If possible, I would love to see Graphite boxcalf at anytime. I love the Graphite pieces that I have seen so far -- they have only been in Togo and Clemence. As far as I know, my store has not had bags in box in graphite. However, I love darker colors and box, so this combo would be a dream come true, :love:. Although, I certainly understand the difficulty of reaching one's "cap" MrsS;), it seems as though there is always another bag that captures our imagination!

I have seen a graphite piece in box leather...granted it was an accessory, but it was beautiful. Definitely a grey. There is no confusing this color. It is a TRUE grey. (The piece I saw had white contrast stitching).

I hope that helped a little about the color...

I am really hoping you decide to get this bag...It would be fabulous!

gmel, I am thinking either graphite box, in small accessories has white contrast stitching versus in a bag, or that the colour I saw is maybe not graphite and something else?? It had grey tone-on-tone stitching.

Ladies, I love all your comments. I need them. And I really appreciate you taking time to give me your feedback. It makes my decision making process deeper and more thorough. Please keep it coming ....

I have seen a graphite piece in box leather...granted it was an accessory, but it was beautiful. Definitely a grey. There is no confusing this color. It is a TRUE grey. (The piece I saw had white contrast stitching).

I hope that helped a little about the color...

I am really hoping you decide to get this bag...It would be fabulous!

OK, now I can picture this version. Graphite box calf + white stitching + PHW = :love: To my eye it simply must be PHW, though.

What if this shade of Graphite is very dark grey, almost black. Visualise this > Black box is pitch black. This shade of Graphite is like Ebene in the chocolate range, very very dark grey-like black. Would this make GHW OK then?

I am just drawn to GHW now, and want to make the next bag with GHW. But if the combo with this graphite-like colour is not too pretty, then I have to reconsider.

Gold next to dark grey will be very striking . Try holding up gold and silver against a dark grey background. I just did and I think the silver 'blends' in while gold is very striking against it.