I'm Being Attacked By June Bugs!!!

bagnshoofetish said:
They run right into my head! Can they not see me?
*lol* I'm sorry, but this sounds too funny :roflmfao:

35051-im-being-attacked-by-june-bugs-potd-20030604.jpg

:shocked: I hate insects, I always get panic attacks when I see one IRL :shame:

Run for your life. A couple of years ago before I moved back south these bugs called Cicada showed up they come out every 17 yrs and you can't escape them. Kind of like those June bugs. UGGGHHHHH.:sick:

YUCK!! Those things are horrid toooo! I think Texas must have had every bug known to mankind and twice as big LOL!! At least we don't have those herre in CA thank goodness

I live right outside of Chicago and we have the June Bugs now...I get SOOOO creeped out by any kind of BUG...
BUT the June BUG and the Cicada will keep me in the house!!!

The june bugs will fly into your screen and just keep hitting it and buzzing...Gives me chills and goosebumbs..:sick: :sick: :yucky:
The Cicada's are WORSE!!!

Just as clumsy as June bugs but about twice the size!!

The June bug is about the size of a nickel? At least here they are..

IIIIICCCCKKKKKKKKKK:smash:

my dog grabbed one outside last night and chomped down on it before my BF could take it from her. he was so grossed out by the noise and came running inside. crunch, crunch, crunch! ewww!

SerenitySue said:
How big are these? Looks kinda menacing if they were a big size and like to kamikaze on you.

1-1/2 inches! Fat buggers! I think they have a homing instinct for people's heads. I got one tangled in my hair once. :amazed: Don't think I've ever screamed so loudly!:lol:

aprild said:
Run for your life. A couple of years ago before I moved back south these bugs called Cicada showed up they come out every 17 yrs and you can't escape them. Kind of like those June bugs. UGGGHHHHH.:sick:

Cicadas don't seem to bother me as much. I grew up listening to them sing in the trees around our house, and when we were kids, we would collect their empty shells they left on the trees as they matured (we called them crackle bugs). We would float them on little leaf boats in the pond.

Pippi said:
Cicadas don't seem to bother me as much. I grew up listening to them sing in the trees around our house, and when we were kids, we would collect their empty shells they left on the trees as they matured (we called them crackle bugs). We would float them on little leaf boats in the pond.

Oh my gosh! I did that too.. I grew up in the country & would go around picking the shells off these huge old oak trees by our house. Last season, here in Indiana, we had another wave of Cicadas, which as mentioned before happens only so many years. I think they are pretty cool although scary looking. It was fun showing my 5 year old the shells & telling him about how I used to find them.. After June bugs comes JAPANESE BEETLES! I hate those more than anything. They creep me out.. They fly at you like the June bugs but in addition, they completely devour your ornamental plants & trees.

Attachments

• jb.jpg
    jb.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 357
aprild said:

Ohhh man I was just comerserating about the fat, flying impaired June bugs that we have here in the UK and you have now reminded me about the B :censor: ts in Japan! I am going to visit there next week, I lived there for 10 yrs and I don't miss em. June bugs are just stupid, these guys will play dead and as soon as you look down at it, it will fly up in your face! :sick: