If You Were to choose one bag --kelly ,Birkin ,Bolide

If you were to choose ;

• Kelly

• Birkin

• Bolide

Results are only viewable after voting.
I do love my BJ Birkin and I'm very happy with her! But I'm looking forward to the day when I can answer this question based on my personal experience and ability to compare! Woo hoooooo! :happydance:

One down, many more to go!

Given my age and lifestyle right now, if I could have one, but only one, Hermes bag, it would be Kelly (sellier). The elegant and classic style of the Kelly works best for all my business meetings, luncheons and dinners.

Dear Ms. U:

Birkin for me because I am birkinless...

But for you, I suggest it depends on what's your NEEDs/Intention for this 'next' bag?!
If casual, then Bolide (cost less).
If formal, then Kelly (more formal and classic)
If Just got to have it to the collection, then Birkin (versatile but cost the most)

Hope these info helps....
Morgan

pampered really zeroed in on what I was trying to say......

My first larger bag purchase ( after the Picotin ) was my black Bolide. It's beautiful and I love it still and I voted above for the Bolide.

But the styles of the Kellys and Birkins are more....what...."with it...contemporary...young" for the Birkin and " classic & ladylike" for the Kelly and we, of all ages love these styles.

And if my SA were to call offering a Kelly or a Birkin my heart would go :love: :yahoo:

But, if my SA were to call offering a Bolide.....my heart would :smile:

Where does that leave the Bolide? It was introduced in 1923 and is still going strong but....to me it *looks like* 1923 rather than 2007. No problem with that, but this thread has finally pulled out what I was feeling and turned it into words. The Bolide style looks to me, like something our Pete and Mario would have on their site for sale with the description:

FOR SALE: Hermes Bolide, VINTAGE from 1930's. Well kept, impecable, leather still soft and souple, h/w shiney.

And looking at the Bolide styling and the description above, I would believe the bag to be 77 years old because the style looks to be of that era.......yet we, of all ages love this style too.

Geez, S, this is a tough question! I carry a Birkin nearly every day, and bring out a Kelly (box calf or croc) when I want to impress the hell out of the person I'm meeting with that day. In my experience, men and women love Kellys. I feel good carrying a Birkin, the ultimate tote bag, and even better carrying a Kelly.

Ever since I saw a photo of your Black Clemence Mou Bolide I've been curious about why you liked this style so much. I hadn't seen one IRL until last fall, another Mou, and although the color didn't appeal to me the style did. Recently, I had a play date with several Bolides and got to see rigide and mou in 31cm and 37cm, including a Toile Barenia in 37cm. Now, I get it. This bag is a chameleon -- elegant in ostrich, deliciously mushy in mou. I must say that in the mou construction PHW I think it does look modern.

Now, back to the question. If I could have only one bag, it would be a Black Rigide Kelly GHW. But if I'm very good, may I also have a Birkin and a Bolide?

Kelly for me, for beauty first and then practicality. It took me a while to get used to opening/closing, but now that I have gotten used to it, I find it is quite easy and the beauty takes my breath away every time I look. It also feels magical to me, like a little fairy dust every time I grab one and go out the door.
I never felt that way about any other bag, so while I appreciate the quality of Birkins and Bolides, I don't have the same emotional reaction to them.