If You Could Would You Work From Home ?

1. I would hate to be working from home all the time, I love playing dress up.
    I enjoy having a lunch hour with colleagues, window shopping, shopping, riding on the subway, taxies, just the plain hustle and bustle of my work day.

How about you ?
    If you like working from home what are the Advantages and Disadvantages ?
  2. No commute, can work in my Frankie Goes to Hollywood tee and bunny slippers. :nuts:
  3. I would love to work at home once or twice a week. I really hate my commute (1 1/2 hours in the morning, 1 hour at night). But I agree with you, I wouldn't want to work at home full time because I like talking with people and getting out of the house. I am not married, nor do I have children, I would be lonely if I stayed home everyday.
  4. I think it would be cool depending on the job :biggrin: And if there was free time to get out of the house.
  5. Part of going to work is I get to dress up. So work from home only when I feel to, like on rainy days, bad hair days, etc... :smile:
  6. Without question! Although, I'd need people interaction (face to face) at least twice a week.
  7. I'd be content working at home. I live for pajamas, and if I could go everywhere barefoot, I would :shame: Although I love cute shoes, I hate wearing them!
  8. I could never work at home. I'd get nothing done. I'd be on PF all day. :lol:
  9. I am a freelance court reporter so I kind of do both. I get dressed up and go out on depositions, but I am my own boss and put the transcripts together in my home office. I feel I have the best of both worlds. Depositions usually start at 10:00 a.m., which is great for me because I hate to get up early. They usuall only last a couple of hours so most days I'm home by 2:00 p.m. I put my comfy clothes on and work on the transcripts in my home office on the computer for a couple of hours. I miss rush hour on both ends. I truly LOVE it!
  10. Absolutely!
  12. 'Home time' to me - 'lazy time'. You know, just time to chill and wind down. I don't think I'd get any work done if I worked at home cuz I'd perpetually be in chill mode. It just doesn't kick you into high gear the way scrambling for all your things in the morning does.
  13. i agree i wouldn't want to be in the house till 5 everyday.. i'd get stir crazy!
  14. Yeah, I'm a freelance writer and I work from home.
    I can't stand it - but I love the freedom! I can meet friends for lunch, go shopping when the mall isn't crowded.
    But I don't like being in all the time.
  15. I work from home and I love it! I only work part time anyway, but I its really a wonderful thing to me. I worked full time like crazy for long time and Im LOVING my life. I still run around like crazy. I go to the gym as soon as I wake up, then to my water aerobics class right after...then I run errands, and everyday I lay out for about 2 hours. Im reading like crazy, hanging out on this damn forum wayyy toooo much, and lunching with friends, go shopping a few day a week...just loving my freedom. We do not have kids yet so its really a pleasure being FREE!!!!