If there is a defect or problem with a Gucci bag do they resolve it to your satisfaction?

LVlifer

Feb 23, 2016
Almost all of my handbags are LV's. I think that LV has great customer service. I once had a handbag that had a peeling problem 8 months after buying it. They readily took it back and I took a store credit. I am thinking about buying a Gucci handbag but before I do I wanted to know if anyone has had any quality issues and if so, how they were resolved. Also, does the gold finish wear off easily on the hardware? If it has, what does the company do about it?

Really glad to hear about LV because I have a suitcase that needs fixing.

If you buy directly there's a guarantee period and then usually good CS after for the life of the product (if it's repairable).

I think it may depend on where you are with Gucci if buying preloved or third party. I've never had problems but I have a very high profile SA which also helps.

If you buy gucci from third party like NAP or Matches etc, they would be your first port of call.

If you have a good relationship with an SA, then you are good :smile: my SA has taken items back multiple times with no questions asked...granted it was quality issue/defects.

Hey! Since this thread is regarding Gucci bags specifically I was wondering if I could get some help along the lines of this discussion.

I recently bought the Soho Disco via the Gucci website and unfortunately it arrived with some defects (including some visible glue and peeling/lifted leather). Does anyone know how Gucci usually addresses these issues? Here’s my more detailed post with pics on this, I’d appreciate any help!❤

EDIT: Btw Gucci bags and accessories have always been fantastic quality/craftsmanship in my experience! I know my issue might not be typical of the brand at all, but it’s still stressful nonetheless.

Last edited:
I just had a the shoulder strap on my bengal tote snap while on holiday. I’ve kept the purse in pristine condition and rarely use it. Just took it back to the Gucci store where I purchased it and was only given the choice of buying a new strap for $150. A leather working friend identified the problem as a poor quality bit of salpa hide used in this strap so looks like I got a lemon. As a repeat Gucci customer I’m very disappointed that they aren’t more willing to help.

Attachments

• IMG_5983.png
    IMG_5983.png
    836.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_5981.jpeg
    IMG_5981.jpeg
    305.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_5979.jpeg
    IMG_5979.jpeg
    333.3 KB · Views: 12
I had an issue with 2 totes I purchased - one with peeling leather and the other with a broken strap. Both times I was offered a gift card to use towards a new item of my choice. I find their customer services to be great.

Thanks for letting me know. I really feel that I’m getting bad service. My mother was offered a similar gift card from Coach when she wore out leather on a bag. I’m really disappointed Gucci is not stepping up especially considering the break is from a defect and not overuse of the bag and I've been a customer for some time now. We’ll see what they say when I pick it up but this is really going to turn me off the brand.