Idea for a new business.....

Purse-Ooooh

My Sweet Bobba-Lou!
Feb 5, 2007
I have decided since it is clear that I have no self control whatsoever that I may be onto an idea for a new business. :confused1: Returning unwanted purchases to the department store for others. I walked into NM with all good intentions. I had purchased 2 bags and decided that they just wouldn't work for me and since my bill was due on 5/21 and I never carry a balance on a store card (usually just use them to score double bonus points, etc) it was time to pay or return. Anyway, to make a long story short, I returned 2 bags, came home with two more!! :shrugs: More expensive than the first two. :nuts: Now, if I could just pay somebody say $25.00 to go in and return them for me, I would not be suffering the remorse that I am suffering right now. To make matters worse, I sold a stunning Ink day last week because as gorgeous as it was, I knew I wouldn't use it enough to justify keeping it. So....guess what I bought today?? Yes, an Ink day!!!! I am insane, but, the leather was just too darn pretty to leave behind!! I'm sure it will be going back once I have had some time to admire it!! :roflmfao: Plus, I returned a Marc Jacobs quilted stam in Topaz. I totally loved that bag but it was a little too heavy. So.....I bought a Bal Aqua Matalasse instead. :graucho: I have clearly lost my marbles!!! :upsidedown: I may have to send my daughter in to return them for me?!?!? :roflmfao::roflmfao:

A couple of days ago I saw an aqua matelasse as well! And it was gorgeous! But couldn't justify getting it when I already had a matelasse from last season and that one was more wearable with my outfits, being a neutral...But I have to say, I was tempted... :graucho:

You found an ink day at NM??? I wish I got to see an ink IRL up close!!!

Actually not a bad idea! Would save some the embarrassment of returning too frequently or from feeling bad towards their SA. I remember one time I was avoiding my SA and hoping she wouldn't see me (I saw her shopping w/friends after her work shift) because I was returning something I had bought with her help! I felt so bad! According to my DH the commission she earned would be taken back from her if I returned a bag bought through her... Is that true? Also, does anyone know if department stores penalize customers in any way when they return too often? I'm just curious bec. I had this conversation with my DH and he seems to think since they keep a record of all returns they may penalize....?

Omg!!!!!!!!!:nuts: You need to see a therapist for your problem!!!!:roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao: Anyway~ to hell with that~ show us pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yahoo:I am dying to see your aqua matelesse!!!!!!!!!!!!:dothewave:

A couple of days ago I saw an aqua matelasse as well! And it was gorgeous! But couldn't justify getting it when I already had a matelasse from last season and that one was more wearable with my outfits, being a neutral...But I have to say, I was tempted... :graucho:

Actually not a bad idea! Would save some the embarrassment of returning too frequently or from feeling bad towards their SA. I remember one time I was avoiding my SA and hoping she wouldn't see me (I saw her shopping w/friends after her work shift) because I was returning something I had bought with her help! I felt so bad! According to my DH the commission she earned would be taken back from her if I returned a bag bought through her... Is that true? Also, does anyone know if department stores penalize customers in any way when they return too often? I'm just curious bec. I had this conversation with my DH and he seems to think since they keep a record of all returns they may penalize....?

Yes! An Ink day!!! Can you believe it!!?!?! I think I got so caught up in the fact that they are impossible to find, I lost sight of the fact that I don't need it and just sold one! :shrugs: Clearly I am suffering from BSD - Balenciaga Stress Disorder. :confused1: I will post pictures before I have them returned :roflmfao:

Omg!!!!!!!!!:nuts: You need to see a therapist for your problem!!!!:roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao: Anyway~ to hell with that~ show us pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yahoo:I am dying to see your aqua matelesse!!!!!!!!!!!!:dothewave:

I will post pictures pronto! Proof that I was not in my right mind. I didn't even look at my receipt until I got in my car. Gulp!!! :sweatdrop:

Yikes. I did the same thing. I had been deciding between to MJ bags, small or large. I took them both home to decided, returned one, exchanged it for the other and then before using it, discovered B-bags and returned the other. I totally tried to avoid the SA who sold it to me and I am there pretty often so I still avoid her.

I like NM because many times I buy what I want online to try it out and return it to the customer service instead of the department.

Also, anytime I buy anything expensive, I make it a point to tell the SA that I am not sure and that I might change my mind. They ALWAYS say 'No problem', thinking that 99% of people will keep it and that is probably true but if I buy something and it sits a long time, I take it back because I likely won't use it. I personally don't care terribly much about their commission. It is really no skin off their nose if you return something. I mean how much time does it take a SA to help you buy something?

^ that's true about the commission...but this one bag I returned was after she had gone through the trouble of finding a few bags in other stores, getting it shipped and holding them, etc....

I've done that too.. tell my SA that I may return it if it doesn't work out and she always says, "yeah, that's not a problem!"

:roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao:

Okay... this is too funny!!! I wanna see pics, pronto lady!!! :graucho:

The funniest part is that you couldn't leave the Ink Day behind... but I'm sure it is gorgeous and needed a good home!! :nuts: Congrats on your great finds!! The Aqua Matelasse & Ink Day sound incredible!!

Great choice on trading the Stam in for the Aqua Matelasse!! (Plus it will match your new wallet!!) I bought a MJ Banana Hobo in Topaz, and its never been used because I've been too obsessed with my bbags!! :Push: The Topaz color is gorgeous... but now I have a bag & a zip clutch in Topaz that are rarely going to be used, because I'll probably grab my Aqua set everytime!! I couldn't return because I was *dee da dee* and bought it from the MJ store... so good call on your trade!!...

Congrats!!