"ICE" - In Case of an Emergency

I did this a few months back to mine and SO's cell phones, then I went over to my Moms house and did hers. Now every time I see someone I tell them about it and when they say "Ill do it later" I tell them to give me their phone and I do it for them lmao!

Yes, I've been doing ICE for years now! :] My God Mom is chief of police and told me thats something they use. It's really helpful, and its better than just putting Mom and Dad, because I don't speak to my Dad too often (we get along, be he's sooo far and we're not THAT close) Plus, for my Fiance, I'd like it for him to get contacted too, but his name under my cell isnt "Fiance call me" So how would they know?? So I put ICE Rey (his name). It's also great if you have kids. Put it in their phone for family members who listed as close family for offical workers to contact. :]

I mean, it takes two seconds. Even if "Mom" or "Dad" seems okay to you, what wrong can it do? :] Might save your life!!

LOL. Well, I am glad I saw my own thread I started. I posted it, planned to put it in immediately, and then...didn't. :blush: Of course I've had the flu since then, so I haven't seen the outdoors (or been in a car) for some time to need it. Still...

Okay. Okay. Doing it now. :~)

This is great! I've just put an ICE number in my phone too... it makes me laugh because 10 years ago (before we all had mobile phones), there would have been no such thing as ICE - or nothing to put it into, anyway!

It's like the expressions we now use all the time that are mobile-specific, like "Yeah, I'm outside now" or "you're breaking up."