I want to get to know my new pals better

Hi CHANEL girls!!!
My name is Helen, I'm 24 (25 next month) I live in Auckland, New Zealand. By day, I work as a Pharm Tech by night I'm sitting at my computer reading and posting on the PF! :wlae:
I'm a HUGE Balenciaga fan, but since I've joined tPF, I've come to fall in LOVE with certain CHANEL bags :drool: I'm totally in love :love: with the Lux Bowler in Black at the moment!
I dont have any children but I do have a boyfriend of 5 or 6 years (i've lost count...:lol: )
Okies, thats all from me!!! :jammin:

PS, you all sound so awesome!!! i hope to fly over one day to the US and meet you all!!! :flowers:

Bluekit & Chanelvgirl ~~ Thank you!

Luccibag ~~ What beautiful pictures of you & your children! I, too, was thinking that my Chanel Cambon large tote would make a great diaper bag if I should get pregnant again.

Hi!

I'm relatively new, I just joined a few weeks ago when I wanted to find more information regarding the "SATC" or "Charlotte" bag, which I consequently bought. . . I like to do my research before committing to any big purchases and the ladies here were wonderfully helpful!

Anyway, I am 26 years of age and have recently married (last May) to my college sweetheart. We live in downtown, NYC with our super-cute Maltese, Zoey (my avatar). I work in product development for a department store private label brand. I love my job, love retail because it's ever-changing, never boring, and challenging! Call me crazy, but working in corporate, I sometimes miss the "trenches!"

My husband (it's still weird to call him that!) calls me a "francophile" because I pretty much love everything French! I spent some time in Paris, Dijon, and Nice in my younger days and have vowed to live in Paris one day. So yes, I do LOVE those French designer handbags! Right now, my "premier" designer handbag collection includes LV epi alma, LV damier saleya, Chanel "SATC" bag, and Chanel Jumbo Caviar Flap. It's pretty modest as you can see, but I've only recently decided that it is okay to spend good money on bags I absolutely love!!!

One of my dream Chanel bags would be the ostrich jumo flap bag I saw in Bloomies last week, with a retail ticket of a whopping $7,200. . . if only I were rich!!!

Sorry this is so long, I tend to talk a lot!!! :P

Since I am awaiting the arrival of my first Chanel bag, a SATC or Charlotte bag, I will pipe in. I am old enough to know better, have been a forensic psychologist for 18 years and recently realized I dislike healthcare horribly. Hence, I decided this weekend to "retire" and go into a second career. I have been married 7 years to a younger hottie who is in Federal law enforcement. I live in a historical home in Long Beach, CA 3 blocks from the beach and consider myself very lucky and blessed. I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis 1 year ago but am on great meds and doing very well. I play ice hockey and get my arse kicked on a regular basis by the other women who play. I have 2 rescue dachshunds (see avatar) and love the PF like crazy, as the people here rock.

Irishgal said:
Since I am awaiting the arrival of my first Chanel bag, a SATC or Charlotte bag, I will pipe in. I am old enough to know better, have been a forensic psychologist for 18 years and recently realized I dislike healthcare horribly. Hence, I decided this weekend to "retire" and go into a second career. I have been married 7 years to a younger hottie who is in Federal law enforcement. I live in a historical home in Long Beach, CA 3 blocks from the beach and consider myself very lucky and blessed. I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis 1 year ago but am on great meds and doing very well. I play ice hockey and get my arse kicked on a regular basis by the other women who play. I have 2 rescue dachshunds (see avatar) and love the PF like crazy, as the people here rock.

Hey Irishgal, what are you embarking on for your new career...I am in healthcare as well but my fantasy is to be in fashion or interior decorating! My 9 year old watches project runway with me and she wants to be a designer. I will live vicariously through her!!:graucho:

Don't know yet! But I'll tell ya, if you can continue to put up with managed care and malpractice costs, bless you. I think healthcare is a hard place to be now.

Ack, I typed my whole coming out post and lost it! :cursing: Here it is again.

I'm formally Roberta, but please don't ever call me that! My nicknames (the nice ones, LOL!) growing up were Roe, Roey, or Burda. In the Jewish religion, it is customary for parents to name their children after someone who passed away (either using the first letter of the name or the full name), and I was named after Aunt Regina. I was supposed to be Robyn, but my Dad's sister told my parents it sounded too much like a bird, so they changed it to Roberta. However, the joke was on them because no one ever pronounces my name with a "t", they say RoBERDa, so there is a BIRD right in the middle of my name! This formal name did not become my childhood either; I was chubby, had a lazy eye (which took three surgeries to correct) and frizzy hair. In those days, the closest we got to frizz control was a can of Aquanet!

Fast forward to present tense...

I'm 46, divorced (no SO but would love one; we could start a whole new thread on the dating scene at my age - NOT fun!) and live with my 17 year old cat named Furbie who is still going strong. At age 40, I changed careers to Health and Fitness after a layoff in high-tech corporate. I was an Executive Assistant for 15 years. I was always active, but never really serious or consistent about fitness until my mid-thirties. I currently work as a Program Manager of a corporate fitness center in New England and hold certifications in aerobic dance, step aerobics, strength training and personal training. I have also studied kinesiology in depth - a subject that fascinates me.

I took a huge pay cut to change careers and as a result, have learned to be financially creative. My biggest splurges are designer bags (of course!) and designer jeans; tops and shoes I buy low to mid-end. I have also found that age has made me less entitled and bratty LOL!

I love this forum and have enjoyed reading about everyone. Keep the replies coming!!

Here's a pic to put a face to a name.

Attachments

• neweyes.jpg
    neweyes.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 213
roey said:
Ack, I typed my whole coming out post and lost it! :cursing: Here it is again.

I'm formally Roberta, but please don't ever call me that! My nicknames (the nice ones, LOL!) growing up were Roe, Roey, or Burda. In the Jewish religion, it is customary for parents to name their children after someone who passed away (either using the first letter of the name or the full name), and I was named after Aunt Regina. I was supposed to be Robyn, but my Dad's sister told my parents it sounded too much like a bird, so they changed it to Roberta. However, the joke was on them because no one ever pronounces my name with a "t", they say RoBERDa, so there is a BIRD right in the middle of my name! This formal name did not become my childhood either; I was chubby, had a lazy eye (which took three surgeries to correct) and frizzy hair. In those days, the closest we got to frizz control was a can of Aquanet!

Fast forward to present tense...

I'm 46, divorced (no SO but would love one; we could start a whole new thread on the dating scene at my age - NOT fun!) and live with my 17 year old cat named Furbie who is still going strong. At age 40, I changed careers to Health and Fitness after a layoff in high-tech corporate. I was an Executive Assistant for 15 years. I was always active, but never really serious or consistent about fitness until my mid-thirties. I currently work as a Program Manager of a corporate fitness center in New England and hold certifications in aerobic dance, step aerobics, strength training and personal training. I have also studied kinesiology in depth - a subject that fascinates me.

I took a huge pay cut to change careers and as a result, have learned to be financially creative. My biggest splurges are designer bags (of course!) and designer jeans; tops and shoes I buy low to mid-end. I have also found that age has made me less entitled and bratty LOL!

I love this forum and have enjoyed reading about everyone. Keep the replies coming!!

Here's a pic to put a face to a name.

Well it's a damn shame you don't live in southern Cal, I might fix you up with my wonderful and hot contractor who is a good Jewish man who needs a wife..:jammin:

Irishgal said:
Well it's a damn shame you don't live in southern Cal, I might fix you up with my wonderful and hot contractor who is a good Jewish man who needs a wife..:jammin:

Booking the next flight, LOL!! I am actually contemplating moving out to AZ (Phoenix area) in 07 where my parents retired.

My name's Marlo - I live in Minneapolis with my DH. I travel a lot for my job, but it means access to great shopping like King of Prussia and Short Hills!

I've been a big Louis Vuitton fan for the past couple of years, but then a couple of friends got me hooked on Chanel (you know who you are !!!). I had a couple of Cambons before I found my latest love - my black Caviar Jumbo flap bag.

Even though I'm still a Louis girl, I'm currently plotting my next purchase - PNY wallet.

Thanks Stacy for starting this thread - looking forward to getting to know everyone better!

mnshopgirl32 said:
My name's Marlo - I live in Minneapolis with my DH. I travel a lot for my job, but it means access to great shopping like King of Prussia and Short Hills!

I've been a big Louis Vuitton fan for the past couple of years, but then a couple of friends got me hooked on Chanel (you know who you are !!!). I had a couple of Cambons before I found my latest love - my black Caviar Jumbo flap bag.

Even though I'm still a Louis girl, I'm currently plotting my next purchase - PNY wallet.

Thanks Stacy for starting this thread - looking forward to getting to know everyone better!

Sure would like to see a pic of that bag!!:jammin:

I'm sure no one really cares about me , as I've only been here a litte while .

My real name is Tiffany . I realy want to have children . I was pregnant , but did not carry the baby to term ... hence the name Sophia Lee . That is what I was going to name my daughter had she been born .

I have a fiancee that until tonight was wonderful ( long story ) .

I absolutely love fashion . And purses in particular !

Chanel is my favorite and I only own abot five . I own a few Guccis and Pradas that I'm thinking of getting rid iff .

I'l lwrite more later , but I love you ladies , you are awesome .

i

Okay, I was kind of shy about this, but what the heck, I'll get over it! I've never really done a formal introduction in any forum so this will be the first.

I'm a purse girl as long as I can remember. I remembered my first purse (probably at age 3-4) was a little doll with blonde hair that I wear across my body and it has a pouch in the front to store things. Why I needed to carry things at that age I do not know, but ever since then I would carry a handbag anywhere I go. I would collect free cosmetic pouches/bags to use as handbags and didn't really get into designer handbags until much later.

I'm relatively new to the world of Chanel. My first interaction with the brand was my mom's black lambskin fanny pack her sibling gifted her back in the early 90s when I was a kid. I didn't think much of it besides knowing that it was "expensive." So my image of Chanel has always been a "mommy-type" purse. Except now that I'm in my 20s, no kids/husband yet but REALLY liking chanel! The kid and husband can wait! ;) Hmm, what else? I'm living and working here in sunny CA in the legal field, so hello to all esquires out there :wlae: !!