I want to get to know my new pals better

:rochard: to all the lawyers out there!

I'm 23, living in Sydney Australia. In my final year of university (college) now. I'm reading a double degree in Law and Accounting and I love what i'm studying!

I plan to go into litigation and become a barrister. I'm really interested in criminal law, and I hope to clerk for a High Court Judge some time!

people say that I should make use of my accounting knowledge and go into corporate law / corporate litigation... but i'm going to start where my heart says to go. (or where God leads me...)

I started my CHANEL obsession a LONG TIME AGO when i was 5.. I poured a bottle of my mum's precious Chanel No. 5 into the toilet just to keep the pretty glass bottle. :Push: .. I filled it with water after....

My first designer bag purchase was a chanel wallet which I paid with my own savings...

I moved into a balenciaga bag obsession for about 2 years but I"M BACK TO CHANEL NOW! =) the fall 06 collection is too crazy beautiful...

I hope to buy my mum an Ostrich Hermes Birkin when I get my first substantial bonus as a full fledged lawyer.

I have an older sister who, together with my mum, forced me to USE ONLY chanel makeup (i just started to use foundation)... because it's the best!

I've been with my man since I was 18 and i'm waiting to get married and have alot of babies (aside from my goals in lawyering and bagbuying) :yahoo:

:heart: :heart: --> lotsa love to all PFers.. =) :flowers:

elongreach said:
I love the girls in the Chanel forum. You all are always so nice and friendly. I always feel welcome here. Sometimes I feel a little unwelcome in other forums, but this is my forum. Love ya'll! :love:

Elong, I feel the same way about this forum! Everyone here is so nice and non judgemental!! It is a great bunch!

Michele said:
Okay, I give in:blush: I have loved Chanel for many many years, but only recently started my collection in the last year or so.

I am somewhat shy, but since I joined this forum, I have felt very comfortable, and even came out of my shell. I truely have enjoyed this forum and getting to know such a wonderful group of gals and even some guys.

Special thank you to Michelle...I always notice you giving great advice on whether something is genuine or a fake.

Hello to all, it's so nice to meet everyone.

I am 42 years young :P, have a wonderful husband who more than tolerates my handbag obscession. We have a teriffic son who is in college and will be graduating this semester :yahoo:. I'm happy that he's graduating but I'm so sad because he will be leaving the nest for good :crybaby:and I'm just not ready for that.

I own a marketing consulting firm that keeps me extremely busy and doesn't afford me too much free time, but when I'm free, I like to spend as much time as I possibly can with my family as well as go shopping, especially for bags, shoes and jewelry.

I ADORE Chanel (it's my first and true love), Judith Leiber and Hermes. I don't own any Leiber's or Hermes YET, but have one or two picked out.

Hi everyone. Nice thread Stacy. It's nice to actually meet some people and know a little about them.

My name is Julie, 49 years old, hahaha, one of the oldest in this pf. I have been married over 18 years to a wonderful man who has tolerated many different obsessions, 4 kids ages 28, 23, 17, 13. I have been staying home now for the past 6 yrs ( worked in the silicone valley 25 yrs)

I bought my first LV 18 years ago. That was my only one designer bag again until last year for my 48th b-day. All of a sudden, I had an itch to get a Chanel bag. I bought one and the rest is history. That first Chanel bag started my obsession:shame: I do love both Chanel and LV. I think for now, I'm done with LV and start collecting more of Chanel. I mostly only like the classic style and hoping that more exciting colors will come out soon. My one dream is to own a Hermes Kelly bag someday ( a fuchsia or orange for my first would just be divine). My dh is hoping that I would just move on with this handbag obsession and move on to something cheaper, hehehe.

Since I have been collecting bags, I stopped collecting antiques. I enjoyed collecting anything with roses, plates, salt/pepper shakers, cups/saucer and porcelain dolls. I also enjoyed doing silk ribbon embroidery and did some crystal swarovski jewelry for a while but will probably go back to these 2 since they are not as expensive as handbags, lol.

I found this forum when I was searching for Chanel and LV handbags. I was truly in heaven and couldn't believe that many people had huge handbag collections. It's been nice to be able to come here and talk to nice people with the same passion

Again, nice meeting you guys:flowers:

elongreach said:
I love the girls in the Chanel forum. You all are always so nice and friendly. I always feel welcome here. Sometimes I feel a little unwelcome in other forums, but this is my forum. Love ya'll! :love:

:crybaby: that's beautiful man!:love:

:lol: I think the people in this Forum ROCK, but I honetly thought I was biased. . . that comment makes be believe it true now!
How sad though:sad: shame on the m and it's their loss, I love ya!:sweatdrop:

I so love this thread! What a great idea Stacy!
Well, I am Stacey with an "ey"! I live in the SF Bay Area and work for a top Sales & Mktg firm selling new homes. I recently got engaged and the big day is in April 07. I met my DF(fiancee) while I was working and needless to say he didn't buy a home from me but from my competition next door! I let him slide on this one since it was the same developer I worked for! Anyway, we have two puppies Bella & Bailey so we are practicing and preparing for babies that will hopefully be coming in the next few years. I have always loved designer handbags since I was in jr. high when my mom bought me my first Gucci. I have always purchased the hot bag through out the years but I would say I really became a collector within the last 5 years. Aside from my handbag obssession, I love being with my family & friends, shopping, anything to do with homes and real estate, travel, trips to Napa, enjoying wine and cooking with my DF.

Hi everyone. My name is Stacey also. However, I spell my name with an E!

I am 24 yrs old. I will be 25 in Oct. I live in Chicago. I'm not married but have been in a 4 yr relationship. No kids yet.

I work as an Office Manager in a clinic for the sexually abused. I am also working on a degree in Web Technology.

I am mostly in the Chanel forums. However, I do go into the General, Beauty & Ebay forums from time to time.

Swanky Mama Of Three said:
:crybaby: that's beautiful man!:love:

:lol: I think the people in this Forum ROCK, but I honetly thought I was biased. . . that comment makes be believe it true now!
How sad though:sad: shame on the m and it's their loss, I love ya!:sweatdrop:

How can anyone not love you Swanky?:confused1: You're the best!:wlae: :yahoo:

Hi, I guess I'll introduce myself. My name is Sharon. I'm 25 years old and I currently live in Boston. I'm not married but have been with my wonderful boyfriend for 6 years. I don't have any kids but I have three younger siblings that are basically my kids. I am an Assistant Buyer for a major fortune 500 company.

I am obsessed with handbags and I just started getting into Chanel. I only have one Chanel right now but hopefully I'll be able to grow that collection real soon. In the meantime, it's been great to see the collections of those on PF!

Hi. My name is Jenn and I am a Jersey girl, born and bred. I am 36 years old and have been married for 9 years. I have three beautiful boys (7, 6, and 3). They keep me very busy. I was a buyer for Donna Karan out of college. My handbag obsession began there. I met my husband while working there. I warned him then that there was a reason I worked in fashion. Some things will not change!!!! He pretty much tolerates my obsession. I went back to school after we got engaged for my masters in education. I taught for years before I had my first child. I have been into Chanel now for about 4 years. Hermes is my dream bag. My husband says he will by my one for my 40th if I do not buy another bag between now and then. I don't know if I can make it!!! I agree, this forum is much kinder than many of the others.

Luccibag said:
My name is Linda. I live in Jersey (about 15 minutes from NYC). I am 39 years old. I have 2 kids, Alex 10 and katie 6. Im married now for 13 years and it only get better!

I always loved designer handbags! I remember having my Gucci doctor bag in the 80s!! I stopped carrying it because I was so annoyed with everyone asking if it was fake and feeling they had the right to inspect my bag to see if it was fake. But I started back up again about 3 years ago. I started with LV, then on to Chanel!! I also like Balenciaga bags for fun.

Oh and I am expecting my third baby. Im pretty excited about it. My next handbag dilemma will be finding a great diaper bag!!:yahoo:

Congrats! The third time is a charm. My little one is so yummy! How about the Chanel reporter for a diaper bag? It would be so amazing and has lots of pockets for all of the newborn stuff!!

Hi ladies!

I must agree that we have the best community here in our little Chanel subforum, with the best MOD, too! ;)

My name is Gail and I am a 38-year old married mother of one 5-year old girl. I work part time as a Registered Nurse First Assistant. I assist surgeons in all types of surgery. Sometimes I work on the clock at the hospital where I have worked for 14 years, and sometimes I freelance and bill the insurance company directly. I really enjoy what I do. My husband is a surgeon and I always assist him with his major surgeries, but I will also assist any other surgeon that needs help. I am originally from New Orleans ( where all of my family still lives) but am now living in Jupiter, Florida.

I bought my first designer bag (a Gucci) when I was 17 years old. I had forgotten about this, but Luccibag's story about her Gucci bag in the 80's jogged my memory! I was into LV and then Gucci again for a few years, but I can honestly say that they mostly don't interest me any more.

A while back I made the mistake of wandering into "one of the other name brand" subforums, and there was just way too much drama going on. I was actually verbally attacked by a member and considered quitting TPF. But, then I started spending more time in Chanel & Fendi and everyone was so friendly and nice. Now I am usually here in Chanel, or in one of the other miscellaneous subforums like jewelry, makeup, or clothing. I am definitely a shopaholic, but I think I do everything in moderation.

It's wonderful to be here with all of you. :love:

P.S. How about sharing a picture of ourselves? Here's me & DD.

Attachments

• TPF.JPG
    TPF.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 192