I want to get a Bottega for my dad...any recs?

babygenius

O.G.
Oct 23, 2007
I'm thinking about getting a bday present for my dad, probably something from Bottega
I was browsing their website earlier but found the bags under men collection a bit too feminine!!
My dad probably needs a big bag, hopefully one that he can carry on the shoulder.
Does Bottega has something like a computer bag?

Any styles that you would recommend? plz let me know, thanks =)

babygenius - What a thoughtful gift for your dad! I bought my DH a briefcase and a wallet...both of which he loves. Remember to measure your dad's laptop before you get a bag :graucho:

Hi Jburgh!

What's the briefcase like?? Does it hold a lot of stuff? Easy to carry?
Care to fill me in more details?
My dad's always with a bunch of files and stuff, I'd like to get him a bag that can hold a lot of stuff but lightweight at the same time

Thx !! This looks like a really nice bag !!!

bg - It is great. It has a long detachable shoulder strap. One zippered large pocket on the outside back, but no inner pockets. If your dad needs more organization, there is a briefcase on the BV site with a handle. It is an envelope style with the fold over flap and front latch. It has two inner compartments. Those do not have removable straps. I think the messenger bags are great, too. It really depends on whether your dad would like a cross body style, or prefers over the shoulder or handles. Does he carry a lot of stuff in his arms? How much room would he need in a bag?

I'm interested in the advice here too as recently, after some time admiring my BVs, my DH announced a week or so ago that he would like a BV briefcase or wallet... Up until then I thought he liked BV but thought the woven look was too "girly" - but obviously it has grown on him!

bg - It is great. It has a long detachable shoulder strap. One zippered large pocket on the outside back, but no inner pockets. If your dad needs more organization, there is a briefcase on the BV site with a handle. It is an envelope style with the fold over flap and front latch. It has two inner compartments. Those do not have removable straps. I think the messenger bags are great, too. It really depends on whether your dad would like a cross body style, or prefers over the shoulder or handles. Does he carry a lot of stuff in his arms? How much room would he need in a bag?

Hi Jburgh,

Thanks so much, you are so helpful !!!
I'll prob. go with the computer case bag you got for your DH
My dad uses his computer bag a lot, I mean he's always with his computer and he stuff a bunch of files and folders into his computer bag too, so I'm not sure if that computer case would fit other stuffs with a computer in there already?
He rides his bike to work most of the time so something on the shoulder or cross body would work better, I just feel bad watching him carry bunch of heavy stuff, so I want to at least get him a light weight bag (BV of course!)

I know he probably needs a leisure bag when he goes out hiking and golfing (water bottles, changing clothes etc) but I guess a light weight computer bag is more useful for him