I took a chance today...with my appearance

kitskats

bizzy making jools
O.G.
Jan 17, 2006
So...I went to get a inch of hair trimmed and the girl who did it had such pretty very subtle highlights on her ash brown hair, close to my color. I have been afraid of upkeep of highlights, so I have avoided color like the plague. I never can do a thing with my very fine straight mousy brown hair. I've been through it ALL over decades. It will not style. It sits at shoulder length and that's that. I leave it alone and it leaves me alone. I am thinning at temples..age and hereditary :0(
Not noticable but there.

She suggested a bit of layers just at bottom, I said ok go ahead. I asked about her highlights and she explained they were a foil. I asked if I needed an appointment and she said she could do right then. UM OK?? So I said WHAT THE HECK- lets DO it. She is such a sweetie and I now have a new hairdresser. I asked for just a little around my hairline. Just to ease in.

I have to say this old tired *wayyyyyyy over 40* ;) year old looks like she had almost a makeover. I have subtle golden threads framing my face and it doesn't look cheesy or frosted like I had feared.

See, I'm struggling to lose some weight and exercise and it's going slow. My metabolism is DOA even with exercise, and these few lbs lost have been a struggle. I need little boosts for my self esteem. I'd post a pic but I'm not photogenic and it's hard to photograph.

It looks really cute!!! I had to call my honey to tell him his wife was a stone cold fox - LOL. He can't wait to get home (late today) to see. Guess it was fate. I needed a change. I never would have believed it could look ok on me. Very subtle but definitely there. Made my day! YAY
Thanks for sharing with me. I can't wait 'til my honey, my best friend and my stepdaughter see me. I have the hair products to preserve the color, and I think this is my new look. :biggrin: It was a GREAT day!

Hooray!!! Its amazing what a new hairstyle can do for the esteem!
Especially when you take a chance and they actually get it right!!!
I'm sure you look beautiful!

yay it sounds like you love your new hair, which is a relief after taking a big chance like that.......i'm sure you look fabulous and your husband will be all over you ;)

From another Over 40 : it takes a lot of motivation and courage to admit Oprah is not going to bust down our door to give us a makeover, and that we need to take charge and do it ourselves! A new haircut, a little exercise, an in-home facial, a new jacket or little something and (of course) a fabulous new handbag will do wonders. Go for it - it only gets better! :biggrin:

And from another over 40: I'm so happy for your great day and courage to try new things. I started out with a couple of highlights in February and last week I said enough already, give me a full foil and now I am having so much fun being blonder ( especially since I got a way too short hair cut a few months ago).