I think my LV bag may have gotten me better service today!!!

yep, i noticed i'm treated A LOT nicer at many places, and SA's are eager to help whenever i'm carrying LV.

except at Nordstrom, a few of the SA's there that I have encountered have always been nice to me, despite what i'm wearing... i've been in there many times dressed in sweats, no designer bag, and am still treated with utmost respect. i've even gone in w/o buying anything, and they always greet me and ask if need any help. they are always willing to answer any of my q's... i wish all SA's everywhere were like that!

It is sad that we often get treated differently depending on what we're wearing/carrying...but I have to admit that it feels really nice to get the extra good service. Honestly, I just figured that people would assume it was fake. I thought it was pretty cool that people seemed to know it was real. Maybe I need to carry it for a full month to get the full effect (negative and positive reactions)....but so far, I've received no bad treatment or snide remarks in public. Oh...I forget to mention that I got a compliment from a guy in the food court.:lol: I'm definitely going to have to get used to guys complimenting handbags.

Unfortunately, SAs do look at what your wearing to decide how they are going to treat you. I've walked into stores and seen SAs look me up and down, look at my bag and my shoes (not subtly at all, I might add!) before they decide to greet me.

How shallow and superficial of the SA's.....
The only difference I have noticed here in the way SA's treat me is simply since I got out of the "too young to buy" years, and even if I don't dress at all to shop, my face and attitude says "income= buying power", so I always get nice treatment at Sephora.

Unfortunately, SAs do look at what your wearing to decide how they are going to treat you. I've walked into stores and seen SAs look me up and down, look at my bag and my shoes (not subtly at all, I might add!) before they decide to greet me.

I guess my bag made up for my shoes (tan K-Swiss sneakers that I've had for a couple of years). *WHEW*:sweatdrop: :lol:

Yes, I can definitely relate to this. Years ago, I had a woman behind the handbag counter at Nordstrom look me up and down and turn AWAY. I guess she looked at me, saw a little black girl in jeans and thought, "I need to take my break." :lol: I'm sure she felt really silly when her coworker got my sale.;)

How shallow and superficial of the SA's.....
The only difference I have noticed here in the way SA's treat me is simply since I got out of the "too young to buy" years, and even if I don't dress at all to shop, my face and attitude says "income= buying power", so I always get nice treatment at Sephora.

You know, yesterday was my very first time ever in Sephora (I never get to go in there because I usually have my squirmy 3-year-old with me) and I was really impressed with the way all of the women in the store were treated. I loved how there seemed to be someone helping all of the customers (it was crowded)...and if the SA's were busy, they were extremely attentive about who would be next. The SA's seemed to actually like working there...it was pleasant. I'm definitely going back. No wonder it's always so packed.

It definetey is a little sad......I feel like as soon as sales associates see my bag I get treated a little bit better. They assume you have money and good taste.