I spy return of Jackie!

Dates and types of Jackies and Bouviers (most of this is quoting myself from the Gucci Information Thread)

Approx. Jackie/Bouvier Time line

late 1958 - Bouvier first made

early 1961 - Jackie (like the Bouvier but with a wider gusset and piston lock) first made

1970s both variations available

late-90s mini Jackies (not as small as 2020's mini)

mid-00s Bouviers and Jackies available, Bouviers in some incredibly detailed embellishments on Ltd. Ed. variations

Late-00s (2008?) New Jackie launched (the very large size scaled down in 2010)

2011 original jackie re-launched with extra length in shoulder strap

2014 - Jackie Soft launched

2020 - Jackie 1961 (re)launched, including a mini version

I ended up with the small and loved it the few times I carried it. I was really surprised too see issues with the leather splitting after having it barely 2 weeks. This is happening in multiple areas. My local store sent in pictures to be assessed. I hope to hear something this week and will not be happy if they want to send it off for repairs instead of replacing it. C89399C1-ED2E-4D4B-A040-BD1454C48E31.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: afj and 880
I ended up with the small and loved it the few times I carried it. I was really surprised too see issues with the leather splitting after having it barely 2 weeks. This is happening in multiple areas. My local store sent in pictures to be assessed. I hope to hear something this week and will not be happy if they want to send it off for repairs instead of replacing it. View attachment 4860677
Yikes

I ended up with the small and loved it the few times I carried it. I was really surprised too see issues with the leather splitting after having it barely 2 weeks. This is happening in multiple areas. My local store sent in pictures to be assessed. I hope to hear something this week and will not be happy if they want to send it off for repairs instead of replacing it. View attachment 4860677

So sorry :hugs:

I agree. Should be replaced

Saw the various sizes of Jackies IRL at the weekend.

My thoughts are the minis are really cute and can do double duty as a cross-body pouch for days and the cutest little dolly bag for evenings.

Small: Maybe too small as an only bag for me. Not sure about as shoulder but nice X-body.

Med: Really nice bag. Hate microfibre. In the black the light microfibre is so visible.

All fairly light weight if that's a consideration.

Leather is not patent, it's polished calf. Fabulous to touch. Quite structured.

Light pink is a warm bubblegum pink not a cool barbie.

Light blue is not too light, like a soft turquoise

Red is amazing. Neither pink leaning nor orange. Hermes have never had such a good red IMO.

Python looks glazed (looked and felt like my BV) should be OK for often wearing. I think it had dark red leather lining, need to check on my phone for exact colour.

Navy and lilac are coming. No crocs or lizards(?) yet. No Large either yet.

Proper yellow in a mini or small would be incredible but that's my fantasy.

All the bags I saw had original gold hardware (not light-gold).

My favourites are the black (looks so good with the ghw). Red because it's a fabulous shade. And the python in. a lovely neutral colour and leather interior.

I think there's a whole in-store event this week (can't make it). Not sure if that's only UK, not sure if that's only flagships
I just want to say that I agree with the red being such a perfect shade. Gucci, in general, is able to capture the red color nicely. Even in their marmont line. A mini yellow would be sooo nice. I hope a Gucci rep reads Purse Forum threads and would listen to this suggestion. Haha.

There's a few here:

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...all-your-jumping-jackies-and-bouviers.902784/

Sorry you can't see mine in that thread so I'll repost here (Photobucket's fault). Mine is actually a Bouvier though. It's from 2006 (which sounds a very long time ago now) I actually bought it pre-loved from a stylish friend.

I think the last Jackies were from Frida pre-fall 2014 (Soft Jackie). It was large and unlined but the leather was fantastic (Kate Moss starred in the commercials)

The last time the classic version of the Jackie was relaunched was AW12. .I bought 3 bags that season so din't buy what would have been a fourth, a black nubuck Jackie with orange piping (leather lined) and convertible strap.

To simplify. The Jackie is the model with gusset launched in the early 1960s (as seen on AW catwalk posted by @snibor). The Bouvier is flatter (and came first, in the late-1950s). You can read about them more in the beginning of the vintage information thread

I have Navy soft Jackie. I love them so much. The feel of leather is so nice!

• Love
Reactions: papertiger