I spy return of Jackie!

Dates and types of Jackies and Bouviers (most of this is quoting myself from the Gucci Information Thread)

Approx. Jackie/Bouvier Time line

late 1958 - Bouvier first made

early 1961 - Jackie (like the Bouvier but with a wider gusset and piston lock) first made

1970s both variations available

late-90s mini Jackies (not as small as 2020's mini)

mid-00s Bouviers and Jackies available, Bouviers in some incredibly detailed embellishments on Ltd. Ed. variations

Late-00s (2008?) New Jackie launched (the very large size scaled down in 2010)

2011 original jackie re-launched with extra length in shoulder strap

2014 - Jackie Soft launched

2020 - Jackie 1961 (re)launched, including a mini version

Super! Thanks for the information. It’s such a classic bag and I’ve been weighing which bag to get for so long, but this one keeps staying at the top of my list. Thanks for your help. I figure the natural grain leather will hold up better, but that black leather is just gorgeous and would also work as an evening bag.

Hello everyone. I purchased a small Jackie for a great deal and love it, but when I watched some videos I noticed an interior slip pocket on most and mine doesn't have one, just the zip pocket. I looked on that website called Fashionphile and they have both recent Jackie models with and without pockets. Was it revamped or something -- why do some newer models have the pocket and others do not?

Hello everyone. I purchased a small Jackie for a great deal and love it, but when I watched some videos I noticed an interior slip pocket on most and mine doesn't have one, just the zip pocket. I looked on that website called Fashionphile and they have both recent Jackie models with and without pockets. Was it revamped or something -- why do some newer models have the pocket and others do not?
The newest ones only have the zipper pocket, I’m not sure exactly when they made the switch but sometime around the beginning of this year

The medium Jackie I just bought and the small I tried on only have the zipper pocket, so it might be a fairly recent change

I know there hasn't been movement on this thread in a few months, but I just picked up the medium Jackie in grained leather yesterday and I am obsessed! I truly thought if I ever bought a Jackie, it would be the small size, but I tried on both sized in store and immediately knew the medium was the one for me. So happy to have this in my collection :heart:
View attachment 5808688View attachment 5808689View attachment 5808690
This is gorgeous! I’ve recently gotten the Jackie in the grained Emerald green in my head, though browns like yours are usually calling my name. How’s the leather wearing? Talk me out of buying this bag

This is gorgeous! I’ve recently gotten the Jackie in the grained Emerald green in my head, though browns like yours are usually calling my name. How’s the leather wearing? Talk me out of buying this bag
Yeah I don't think I'm going to be able to do that:lol:
The leather is perfect - super durable and not a scratch on it after using it for 2 weeks straight. Was able to quickly pop on the strap extender to make it crossbody halfway through a busy day of shopping/errands and was good to go!
And of course, its just a straight up great looking bag:biggrin:

Small Jackie 1961 in natural grain black calfskin. Have been wanting one for a long time, but the rigidity of the shinier version always put me off (it took the SA showing me the bag at least 10 minutes to adjust the strap!). Grain leather is much more pliable.
Also tried a brown one which was gorgeous! But I couldn’t justify buying after purchasing a Celine classic box in camel on the same day :giggle:
IMG_2315.jpegIMG_2301.jpeg

I know there hasn't been movement on this thread in a few months, but I just picked up the medium Jackie in grained leather yesterday and I am obsessed! I truly thought if I ever bought a Jackie, it would be the small size, but I tried on both sized in store and immediately knew the medium was the one for me. So happy to have this in my collection :heart:
View attachment 5808688View attachment 5808689View attachment 5808690

I think the Med is equivalent to the old Small

• Insightful
Reactions: mgrnt
Small Jackie 1961 in natural grain black calfskin. Have been wanting one for a long time, but the rigidity of the shinier version always put me off (it took the SA showing me the bag at least 10 minutes to adjust the strap!). Grain leather is much more pliable.
Also tried a brown one which was gorgeous! But I couldn’t justify buying after purchasing a Celine classic box in camel on the same day :giggle:
View attachment 5855013View attachment 5855014

Congrats to this beauty! I have sold last year my small Jackie in the natural leather after a few months because it was so sensible of scratches. The closure of the bag scratched the leather every time if I opened and closed the bag. I have stored it with some tissue paper around the hardware and in its dustbag. But I was so annoyed to baby that bag so much, that I have sold it.

I think I should have a look at the grained leather one next week, because the Jackie is my absolutely most loved bag from GUCCI.
I have had one from the sixties Jackie's (yes I'm an older lady!).

Reactions: Cate14 and Elena S