I need cat help again!!! He's a biter!!!

I am insanely allergic to cats and I have three. You can get over-the-counter allergy pills (find one that works for you, most don't work for me) and alternate them every few months because your body is likely to get used to them. Prescription pills are costly and if your body gets used to them it doesnt make sense..err..well I can pm you about more info about the pills.

Cats really are worth the allergies for me, they bring me so much joy and hours of laughter. Try using something like Arm & Hammer carpet allergen reducer (can't remember exactly what its called) but you'll find it in the grocery store or Petco/Petsmart. You can get a spray or a powder, I've heard with time the powder damages your vacuum cleaner so the spray might be better. Both have scents so it'll smell good too. I keep my house very clean so everything is under control. Brush your cats hair often so the hair can be thrown away instead of flying around. I know cleaning can be bleh but if you keep up with it it isn't so overwhelming. Fortunately for me I enjoy cleaning and I have the time to do it but its not so easy for someone else. One more thing is to wash your bedsheets and change pillow covers frequently! Hope these tips help some:smile: Good luck with your kitty

i also have a cat that's a biter! i've had him for about 5 years i think... i think he has a dr. jekyl and mr. hyde complex... i can tell when his mood turns because i can see it in his eyes. he'll come to me when i get home and want to be all cuddly and then he'll suddenly want to chew my arm off. i've tried tough love - which doesn't work because it seems to make him even more mad and he comes back at me. i've learned that the only way to make him stop is to get up and walk away! although one time he tried to attack me when i was in a super vunerable position... i was going to the bathroom and couldn't just get up and walk away...

oh yea and i have 3 other cats so he's not bored by any means. i think he's just naturally a bully. he picks on all the others except the new one which is still kind of a kitten.. he gets kinda whiny when the kitten tries to pick on him.

I have horrible allergies to cats, but could never give up my two cats because of the happiness that they bring me. My allergist finally convinced me to start getting allergy shots and it has made a huge difference. I really find that I am to cuddle with the kitties without a problem now. It is annoying having to go for the shots every week in the beginning, but it was covered by my health insurance and its a small price to pay to be able to live with my cats without trouble.

As for the biting issue, I have definately heard that tapping on the nose helps. I know that most bad behaviors can also be deterred by spraying the cat with a water bottle. They really hate the water and tend to learn pretty quickly.

i also have a cat that's a biter! i've had him for about 5 years i think... i think he has a dr. jekyl and mr. hyde complex... i can tell when his mood turns because i can see it in his eyes. he'll come to me when i get home and want to be all cuddly and then he'll suddenly want to chew my arm off. i've tried tough love - which doesn't work because it seems to make him even more mad and he comes back at me. i've learned that the only way to make him stop is to get up and walk away! although one time he tried to attack me when i was in a super vunerable position... i was going to the bathroom and couldn't just get up and walk away...

oh yea and i have 3 other cats so he's not bored by any means. i think he's just naturally a bully. he picks on all the others except the new one which is still kind of a kitten.. he gets kinda whiny when the kitten tries to pick on him.

^^ I know I can tell by the eyes as well! Watch out for the swishy tail also! I tried everything too, but thank goodness he's more manageable now.

If your cat is more mouthing you than just biting, they do this as a sign of affection and also showing that you are dominant. If you don't like it then you can respond with some of the things that have already been suggested. I have had male and female cats do this to me from time to time.