I Made A BIG Mistake-Help !!!

Well, since you offered to pay listing fees, and I would also offer to pay the difference between your winning bid and the 2nd chance if it's not a huge amount to show you are geniune. I had a seller do something similar and told her I would send out the 2nd chance offer to see how that went. Luckily for me, the 2nd chance offer worked and rather than the listing fee she just sent me the $10.00 difference in the prices, I also sent her the invoice the other seller got to see the difference.

The seller hasn't told me anything. It's been six days since the auction ended. The second bidder has probably moved on. Then there is the issue of the missing tags not mentioned in the ad. I don't think I can have those replaced. Since I have not heard anything I'm afraid to just pay for it.

This needs to end soon. I had major bad news last friday and I need this to be over so I can concentrate on my family.

I must be missing something here. If the photos show the missing parts or whatever, why does it have to say it in the description? Unless the description says it's perfect and the photos show it isn't, most of the time you go by the photos, right?

IMO, unless the seller decides to cut you a break, you bought the bag, you owe the money. You can sell it yourself on ebay.

^^the description describes the other flaws in the bag not the missing tags. Since it's an anniversary addition, the tags are part of the bags worth. It actually says other than the flaws it's perfect. I bid by mistake as it describes in my initial post. thanks for your advice.

seller didn't respond to my emails, just opened a dispute. so i'm gonna pay for the s^&**y bag. Maybe at some point I will fix it and resell. heard on another thread you can get repairs and pieces from company. life goes on. thanks for all the great advice. having ahard time lately. spending alot of late night hours here. thanks for everything!!

I think it would have been nice of her to respond to your emails and try to work something out with you. If she was not willing to come to some agreement she could have told you "no" in her reply. Sorry things didn't work out for you.

I'm sorry this ended in a dispute. I guess if it were me I'd do what you're doing and swallow the loss because it was my error. Assuming you're happy with the bag's authenticity, you will be able to sell it on I'm sure. Meanwhile, I really hope your family stuff sorts out and you are at least relieved from having to see what happens with this issue.

jeez... how much money are we talking here?

Maybe find out who the second highest bidder was and offer it to them? and offer free shipping? that way you're enticing the second highest bidder to buy it.. but you're not completely losing out

I was going to buy the bag. Until I read the nasty comments from the seller. I know I made a mistake, but s^&t happens. This person went to far, was very personal and very nasty.
With my apologies and my same offer to pay relisting fees, I admitted my mistake. I appealed the dispute and it was removed. I wanted to leave nasty feedback, but I would be as bad as them. Seller was so nasty I really wanted to stoop to their level, but I won't.
It's over, I'm done with ebay for awhile.
At least until I run out of hair products...Thanks for listening!!!

Awww, Edna, so sorry this ended badly- may I just point out that in the overall scheme of life, this bag thing is not that important, family is. Take the bag, clean it up, put it away for a while, then wait until ebay picks up (so slow lately!) & relist. Perhaps you will get a good surprise on this in the future.
Take care!