I luv my new Modern Chain Flap bag

Oh thank you all for nice compliments. The day I recieved the bag was late & was not in a good mood at all. So it was a mixed feelings.

I do like it a lot especially I like white bag much. This is my 3rd Chanel bag in white. I like chain handles + soooo soft & light leather. This is a keeper!!!

I don't remember exactly but it's about $1560 something + tax. For me I don't have to pay tax.

How come you don't have to pay tax? :confused1:

I remember seeing some one wrote on another post that the SA rang up the bag as a gift and therefore no tax was charged.

Is a SA allowed to do that? Who would qualify for such "treat"? Can I request my SA to do the same? :confused1: :confused1: :confused1:

Sorry, I'm just curious. Because the bag already costs much, I want to make it a good deal if I can.

Thanks!!

How come you don't have to pay tax? :confused1:

I remember seeing some one wrote on another post that the SA rang up the bag as a gift and therefore no tax was charged.

Is a SA allowed to do that? Who would qualify for such "treat"? Can I request my SA to do the same? :confused1: :confused1: :confused1:

Sorry, I'm just curious. Because the bag already costs much, I want to make it a good deal if I can.

Thanks!!

Im pretty sure if you dont have a chanel presence in your country or state or region then you arent charged tax.

All you have to do to have tax waived is ask the s/a to send the bag as a gift, or in the case of Saks, with a gift receipt versus a regular receipt.

There is both a Saks and Neiman Marcus presence in my state but whenever I place phone orders I ask the s/a to send me the item as a gift. I haven't been refused yet. NM required I provide two different addresses (ship to home address; give my work address as secondary) but all Saks did was include a gift receipt. A gift receipt doesn't show the amount of purchase or any other details so if I return a bag the transaction can be looked up on the computer.

Try it next time you phone shop out of your state!

All you have to do to have tax waived is ask the s/a to send the bag as a gift, or in the case of Saks, with a gift receipt versus a regular receipt.

There is both a Saks and Neiman Marcus presence in my state but whenever I place phone orders I ask the s/a to send me the item as a gift. I haven't been refused yet. NM required I provide two different addresses (ship to home address; give my work address as secondary) but all Saks did was include a gift receipt. A gift receipt doesn't show the amount of purchase or any other details so if I return a bag the transaction can be looked up on the computer.

Try it next time you phone shop out of your state!

Thank roey. That is great info. So you will just get only 1 receipt & that is the gift receipt?