I know I will probably get booed out of here.. but

Being someone who used to think that $50 for a bag was a waste of money, I often have doubts about how much I'm spending. A few weeks ago, I actually tried to add up how much I;ve spent on Coach in the last 2 years and I quit at $2000 because I couldn't believe I'd spent so much on bags. But I love them and feel great wearing them,and I'm not in debt. So to me, they're worth it.

Eh, I just figure that everyone has their vice. The same could be said about cars, boats, homes, furniture, electronics... the list is endless.

I buy what I like, Im not in debt and Im not out of control like some people are so I just figure that this is my vice. I know it is "just a purse" but that doesn't really stop me. It may be just a purse, but I still love them.

do you ever, even just for a minute think.. "it's just a purse?!" :confused1: I am not trying to upset anyone, I am just as obsessed as the next gal, but sometimes I just think what am I spending so much time and money on?? I get so completely obsessed with it and spend so much dang energy on it, and then I always question if I got the right one, or what else is coming out.. do any of you ever think that? Just curious.. with me it is almost all or nothing... and financially I am getting a little nervous!! :tdown:

Aww, I agree with you completely and don't think anyone would ever boo you for this!

I think, well at least for me, it's important to keep it all in perspective. To have a designer bag is a luxury in itself, but to have time or energy to waste worrying about the bag (is it the right one? should I have gotten another color?) is the ultimate luxury.

When I see people on the forum fret, argue and even go behind each others backs to get a coveted purse, it all seems cuh-razy to me. I picture the CEOs of these companies throwing out bits of "limited edition" leather to the masses and watching us go crazy while they wipe their behind with $100 bills.

I adore gorgeous bags, but if they ever cause me to, as you say, get financially nervous, then it is time for me to sit back and live vicariously through others who have pretty purses. At the end of the day, when I think of the people who influenced me most in life, none of them had designer purses. It truly is just a bag.

I have talked myself out of many bag buys because of how I realized I am. I LOVE my Dooney but I don't use it, and I feel like if I buy another bag it'll just get tossed aside again in a few months.

Eh, I just figure that everyone has their vice. The same could be said about cars, boats, homes, furniture, electronics... the list is endless.

I buy what I like, Im not in debt and Im not out of control like some people are so I just figure that this is my vice. I know it is "just a purse" but that doesn't really stop me. It may be just a purse, but I still love them.

I completely agree.:yes::yes:

I honestly feel the same way, i spent all this time and energy on wanting chanel, balenciaga, bulga, LV... when i finally got a chloe that i had been wanting i was like this was not worth the time and money... thats why i feel kinda like eh is it worth it? cause i don't want to put myself more in debt ... and have something sitting in my closet....

That is EXACTLY what I've been doing lately....first thing I do in the morning and last thing I do before bed (and lots of times during the day) I am on HERE...reading & posting about PURSES! Lately I have been feeling more and more guilty. I think...I should be spending time on things that matter in my life: my DD, keeping up with our house, things that need to be done around here, etc...I am devoting way too much time to buying things that I do not need and that I really can't afford!!!! At least, not in the volume I've been purchasing lately! When I started buying Coach, only back in February, I think I had to learn, research, etc...test the waters. I've been through several bags (only a few were retail, the rest were Ebay finds) and the bags I've purchased mostly serve separate functions. Nothing I had found would serve every purpose in my life and have all of the "physical" features I was looking for (a good, neutral color that wasn't brown, black or white, and the gorgeous Legacy Stripe Lining). I have FINALLY found that perfect bag....the Turquoise Ergo Leather Tote!!! It is so luxurious. Gorgeous color AND BONUS...the LEgacy Lining!! I am in HEAVEN (as soon as it arrives). I have even contemplated selling my other bags that I've purchased recently since I really won't NEED them (and can't REALLY afford them COMFORTABLY)!!! I posted earlier that I think I will be able to ENJOY my purchases a lot more if they are not done impulsively. I need to "EARN" them to appreciate them!! I had some money that I set aside from our Vegas Trip in February. That's how all of the buying started. But, since then I've been using my CC, then paying it off with the $ I've gotten from selling stuff, etc....So.....I think I am DONE for a while - until the next occasion to buy "legitimately" (my BIRTHDAY in October) comes up! Until THEN....

I can very much relate to everything that was said. I went pretty much overboard last automne and I've spend hours on here as well. All in all I have always loved fashion especially accessory: purses, shoes but I had become way too obsessed and spend way too much in a very short period of time.
I think much had to do with me being bored having too much "free" time on my hands and as a sahm feeling sometimes not appreciated enough. So I decided to treat myself and get some nice stuff (a lot of actually) to feel better about myself.
Since then things have changed a bid we had an expensive hoilday I needed a new car etc...which has helped get things into perspective. And I did stay pretty much away from the forum and attractive shops.

Now I hang out a bid more again but feel way more relaxed about it all. Have sold and am selling a few purses (lost way to much money but better get some back than having them sitting in my closet)
and keep the ones I am actually wearing.
I will get my next purse sometime this automne but I need to "earn" it first so this is way more fun now and we still go on a wonderful tour this summer...!

I think, well at least for me, it's important to keep it all in perspective. To have a designer bag is a luxury in itself, but to have time or energy to waste worrying about the bag (is it the right one? should I have gotten another color?) is the ultimate luxury.

Very well said. To have the time and energy to think about a BAG is truly the luxury.

do you ever, even just for a minute think.. "it's just a purse?!" :confused1: I am not trying to upset anyone, I am just as obsessed as the next gal, but sometimes I just think what am I spending so much time and money on?? I get so completely obsessed with it and spend so much dang energy on it, and then I always question if I got the right one, or what else is coming out.. do any of you ever think that? Just curious.. with me it is almost all or nothing... and financially I am getting a little nervous!! :tdown:

I don't think anyone will boo you!The fact that you are becoming nervous regarding your financial state is actually a good indicator that your are intouch with your spending habits.

In all honesty I love pretty handbags as much as the next gal but I'd never go to the extreme of putting my credit or financial standing at risk.

Any type of forum can be fun but can quickly become a problem when you begin to purchase items out of want rather than actual need.
Don't get me wrong there's nothing wrong with treating ourselves to something special from time to time.

I've been visiting this forum for over a year and can honestly say I realized in a matter of days people were spending hugh amounts of money on handbags that spent more time in closets than being put to use.

It makes me wonder if the spending has become more of a competition between members than a true love or need for the handbag.

Whatever your reasons never feel bad about doing what you must to safe guard your finances,afterall it's just a purse.

Aww, I agree with you completely and don't think anyone would ever boo you for this!

When I see people on the forum fret, argue and even go behind each others backs to get a coveted purse, it all seems cuh-razy to me. I picture the CEOs of these companies throwing out bits of "limited edition" leather to the masses and watching us go crazy while they wipe their behind with $100 bills.

I adore gorgeous bags, but if they ever cause me to, as you say, get financially nervous, then it is time for me to sit back and live vicariously through others who have pretty purses. At the end of the day, when I think of the people who influenced me most in life, none of them had designer purses. It truly is just a bag.

Amen :okay:

That is EXACTLY what I've been doing lately....first thing I do in the morning and last thing I do before bed (and lots of times during the day) I am on HERE...reading & posting about PURSES! Lately I have been feeling more and more guilty. I think...I should be spending time on things that matter in my life: my DD, keeping up with our house, things that need to be done around here, etc...I am devoting way too much time to buying things that I do not need and that I really can't afford!!!! I need to "EARN" them to appreciate them!! ....

Wow.. I couldn't have worded it better myself.. it is so nice to have other people feel the way I do.. even though I hate to have anyway feel this way, it makes me feel ok, you know?? I think I am having a Dr Phil moment..who needs counseling?? :confused1::P

I do think sometimes "its just a purse". I also do think it's assinine to spend over a grand on a bag - yet I did about a month ago on the baby in my signature. I know it's insane and can't imagine spending much more on a bag but it is a hobby of mine and I can afford it at this stage of my life so I don't feel too guilty.