I just washed my Perfo Pochette Cles!

Did I destroy my Pochette Cles??

• Noooo... You destroyed it!!

• Hallelujah!! Better than ever!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Sorry for the holdup everyone, didn't think it'd cause so much excitement :P
It's been about 18 hours since I washed the cles, and I've got to say, so far I can only reccomend you wash your Perfo Pochette Cles! But I have to say, I take no responsibility for destroyed PCles' here :okay:

Unfort. I don't have a camera atm :sad: (But I'm sure I will have to wash it again one day, sonsidering the use it gets).

Essentially, what it's done is clean the interior very well, and left it bright and vibrant as it was when new. It ALSO got id of that coppery dirty-coin smell as a bonus :tup: It still has very slight darkened areas, particularly on the areas of the interior that gets the most friction, but this is the nature of Alcantara and is evident on any product lined with it - it's the sort of 'compressing' of the Alcantara fibres that leaves it slightly darkened and shiny. But all in all, it's so much better!

So another step-by step breakdown of how I did it..

a) Filled bathroom sink with warm water - not scalding - but warmer than body temperature.

b) Put a bar of soak in the water. The soap I used was a bar of medicated soap, which is unscented. The last thing I wanted was the PCles smelling of lavender.

c) I submerged the PCles in the water, squeezing any air out of it and rubbing the interior with my fingers (as you may know, water pills, and doesn't immediately absorb into Alcantara - so this ensured water made contact, particularly with the 'dirty'parts).

d) I 'washed my hands with soap, until a really rich lather formed, then rubbed the lather all over the inside of the very wet PCles, including it's little pocket.

e) With a spare toothbrosh (I used a medium-hardness bristled one) I gently but firmly scrubbed the inside, focusing on the dirtiest parts (On the PCles, dirt and lint seems to build up along the edges and all over the interior patch), there was a lot of non-descript fluff than came out along the edges.

Up to this point, the PCles had been in water for less than a minute* Since I felt that the less time it spent in there, the less risky the result.

f) I then scrubbed lightly and quickly all over the exterior, to get rid of that 'old sticky canvas' feel. Before quickly draining the sink and filling it again, with the same temperature water and rinsing out the PCles it it to get the majority of the soap out.

g) Then I drained again, turned on the cold water, and just stuck the PCles under the running water, to the pressure of the water would rinse away all the soap (with a little help from the toothbrush).

h) I shook out any excess water, then got a clean,white dishcloth, dried the exterior quickly, folded it so one end would fit within the PCles, then put the Pcles down on a chair (with the dishcloth tucked back under it) and sat on it for a minute :lol: This made sure as much moisture as possible exited the PCles. And I did the same with the little pocket.

Then I hung it up from it's key-holder from an open window and let the breeze do it's work!

I will try and take photos of the 'after' today with a friends' camera :tup: