I got my natural Ali.....

Their fees aren't your problem. Not all ebay sales are as is, either, and things like marks on the creed are to be disclosed in the auction. I'm sorry you didn't pay via cc on paypal instead; can you still file a claim? I would think you have pretty strong grounds for a SNAD claim. I recently went through something similar where an ebay seller did not disclose a Nordie's final sale rivet on the creed. What a PITA!

Tara: open up a dispute thru paypal...you dont have to actually expedite it to a claim.... Just open it. Write down all the comments she made to you regarding YOU having to pay her fees in this dispute. YOU are not responsible for HER fees! ANY of them!!! I HATE sellers who try to get away w/ this! It's dishonest. She is just trying to get some money out of you. She did NOT disclose the fact that there was ANY imprint on the creed....major NO NO....EVERYTHING must be disclosed....and I mean EVERYTHING! Do not pay her ONE DIME...also, contact your credit card company that you paid with thru paypal. Tell them to put a hold on this amount. By contacting them, they will then contact paypal, and paypal doesnt like to have credit card companies contacting them regarding sellers from ebay! She owes you EVERY penny you paid her for that bag, including shipping. By accepting paypal, those fees are HER responsibility as is disclosing all details in her listing. You are ONLY responsible for shipping the bag BACK to her. Dont let her tell you otherwise. PLEASE keep us posted......regardless YOU win, g/f!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with the above comments. The seller is full of you-know-what. I think you should definitely file a Paypal claim. The only thing is, I've heard some iffy stuff about their judgements--Paypal may see it as a mark on the creed is not a big deal, etc.

You probably know this already, but hanging out on the ebay forums I have learned that paying credit card thru Paypal is safest for buyers b/c if Paypal doesn't rule in your favor, you can file thru your cc company. With payments thru your bank account, you have little recourse if Paypal files against you.

I also sell on ebay occasionally, and I am careful to describe EVERY LITTLE THING. I want my buyers to be happy. All sellers should want this too! It's just good business and good karma all around!

I hope you get this worked out; you are totally in the right!:tup:

Okay first of all ebay will reimburse them certain fees if you both agree to not complete the transaction.. and as far as the other fees, that is THEIR fault for not disclosing the es tag.. and it is none of their business why or what you buy!!! :cursing:

Their fees aren't your problem. Not all ebay sales are as is, either, and things like marks on the creed are to be disclosed in the auction. I'm sorry you didn't pay via cc on paypal instead; can you still file a claim? I would think you have pretty strong grounds for a SNAD claim. I recently went through something similar where an ebay seller did not disclose a Nordie's final sale rivet on the creed. What a PITA!

HauteMama,

I'd be curious to know if you filed a SNAD and won?

I agree with the above comments. The seller is full of you-know-what. I think you should definitely file a Paypal claim. The only thing is, I've heard some iffy stuff about their judgements--Paypal may see it as a mark on the creed is not a big deal, etc.

You probably know this already, but hanging out on the ebay forums I have learned that paying credit card thru Paypal is safest for buyers b/c if Paypal doesn't rule in your favor, you can file thru your cc company. With payments thru your bank account, you have little recourse if Paypal files against you.

I also sell on ebay occasionally, and I am careful to describe EVERY LITTLE THING. I want my buyers to be happy. All sellers should want this too! It's just good business and good karma all around!

I hope you get this worked out; you are totally in the right!:tup:

:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

Tell her that yes. If it's a Coach they will repair even a bag you buy at the garage sale UNLESS it's a final sale bag - a point she apparently "forgot" to mention. What was the listing number> I would like to see the actual listing before I comment further. The CC charge she's talking about is the Paypal charge.

I should have asked questions, but this bag was listed poorly and I knew it was authentic so I just went for it at the last minute...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=200182379660&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=010

So, am I in the wrong for not asking if there was a mark on the creed?

Tara: open up a dispute thru paypal...you dont have to actually expedite it to a claim.... Just open it. Write down all the comments she made to you regarding YOU having to pay her fees in this dispute. YOU are not responsible for HER fees! ANY of them!!! I HATE sellers who try to get away w/ this! It's dishonest. She is just trying to get some money out of you. She did NOT disclose the fact that there was ANY imprint on the creed....major NO NO....EVERYTHING must be disclosed....and I mean EVERYTHING! Do not pay her ONE DIME...also, contact your credit card company that you paid with thru paypal. Tell them to put a hold on this amount. By contacting them, they will then contact paypal, and paypal doesnt like to have credit card companies contacting them regarding sellers from ebay! She owes you EVERY penny you paid her for that bag, including shipping. By accepting paypal, those fees are HER responsibility as is disclosing all details in her listing. You are ONLY responsible for shipping the bag BACK to her. Dont let her tell you otherwise. PLEASE keep us posted......regardless YOU win, g/f!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What category should I place the claim?

Damaged -- It's not really damaged..

Fake... it's not fake

Incomplete

Materially Different ?

unusable product ?

other ?

I don't know! I still can't get over this person commenting on my coach bag purchases as if I am doing something bag buy buying them !

I should have asked questions, but this bag was listed poorly and I knew it was authentic so I just went for it at the last minute...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=200182379660&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=010

So, am I in the wrong for not asking if there was a mark on the creed?

Hmmm...it's listed as brand new. I feel like it should have been disclosed by the seller that this is marked on the creed because it affects the warranty implied by buying a brand new Coach bag. Part of buying Coach includes their warranty. Personally, I would have asked for more pics like of the creed. If I were you, I'd file SNAD...not sure best category...damaged? maybe. If Paypal sides with you, you'll get everything back. Next time the seller will learn to disclose everything. She's reaching on the reselling bit. She went in and looked at your feedback (as did I cause I'm nosy :P) and saw you sold Coach items. Not relevant except she's trying to build up ammunition to have you pay her fees. HTH hon!

Paypal and Ebay will reimburse her the fees if she refunds your money. Maybe she does not know this? The only thing she will be out is price of her Ad on Ebay.

I bought a purse at the outlet yesterday and it had a mark similar to yours -- like a target mark and a ES on top of it?? It was not a final sale and I'm sure I can have it repaired if it needs it.

I find it hard to believe if a Employee buys a Coach item with their discount that they cannot have it repaired! I believe they just can't return the item for full price refund makes more sense to me. Can any Coach Employee here on the forum answer this for us????