I finally received my outdoor flap...except

takeoutbox

Dec 21, 2006
it's not perfect!
I absolutely love the bag itself, the color, the leather (it's alot softer than i expected, definitely softer than my brown outdoor ligne hobo)...i love absolutely everything about this bag...except, several parts of the strap are fraying already...this was a return, SA promised me it was never used and in perfect pristine condition. I'm quite disappointed and sad that it's not perfect. I expected more from my SA....anyhow, here're some modeling pictures...I really do love this bag! it is less boxy than the regular jumbo flap.

Attachments

• chane outdoor flap 002.jpg
    chane outdoor flap 002.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 298
here're some more pictures, including one of the frayed section, there're quite a few sections that're like that...what should i do? i'm in canada, i don't really want to have to send this bag back!!!
seriously, i am so disappointed :sad:

Attachments

• chane outdoor flap 001.jpg
    chane outdoor flap 001.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 86
  • chane outdoor flap 003.jpg
    chane outdoor flap 003.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 133
  • chane outdoor flap 009.jpg
    chane outdoor flap 009.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 197
  • chane outdoor flap 004.jpg
    chane outdoor flap 004.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 87
ohh I love it... hmm.. I would talk to the SA and state that I am disappointed. If the SA can do an exchange of the bag without extra charge, I would send it back.. Its their mistake so there should not be any charge.

That's a gorgeous bag! :heart: :heart: Did you get it in the States?

Fraying like that comes from a lot of use... how could it have happened? :confused1:

tks jayne, it is a gorgeous bag! i bought it from saks michigan troy. i'm quite pissed right now, i kept asking her to make sure it is in perfect condition becuae i won't be exchanging or returning it....and she assured me that it was!!! the fraying is not just in one section, it's several sections!!!!!

ohh I love it... hmm.. I would talk to the SA and state that I am disappointed. If the SA can do an exchange of the bag without extra charge, I would send it back.. Its their mistake so there should not be any charge.

the problem is my friend has left the states for good, so if i was to have this bag sent back and then sent to me directly in canada, i would get charged a really hefty custom fee....ugh!!!!!

girls who have this bag...can you pls verify that the leather is super soft?
it feels completely different from my hobo, i wonder if it's soft becuase it's used...i tried calling the SA, and she's off till saturday!!!!
:crybaby::crybaby:

That's awful to hear that you are stuck with a damaged bag. I would be furious too. Do you have a chanel boutique over there that can repair it for free since it's less than a year old and has a warantee.

If you have a Chanel boutique close to you they can have it fixed. Bring your box and receipt. They might have to send it out and it may take up to 6 weeks, but at least it would take care of the problem. Sometimes they can actually fix it at the store if it's not too bad.