I dun know why...I felt so embarrassed...

it doesn't really bother me... although, i'll have to say that if i saw someone wearing a similar top or outfit, then yes, that's super embarrassing to me.

LV isn't that common around here, but I do see them every now and then. i see fakes as often as i see authentic bags, though... but it always makes me smile when i see another woman carrying a real LV bag, whether or not it's the same bag I'm carrying that day, because I know we both have good taste!

Speedys ARE common, fake and real, but that's because they're such a classic piece!
I think I've seen 7-8 Speedys during the past week. One was MC, the other were Mono. I think out of the 8, only 2-3 were real, most of the others had plastic looking handles and FEET on the bottom (monogram, not MC!)

I feel extra proud when I see other fakes around though! In Singapore, many people own LVs, so It isn't surprising at all to see others who have the same bag, but hey, it matches my outfit and makes me look good! I never carry my bags for the sake of showing it off, so it makes me feel good.

You shouldn't be embarrassed at all! If you attend an LV function or party, almost everyone in there carries an LV bag. I think it's rude if I attend an LV invite and not carry an LV bag, so who has time to be embarrassed right?

Just carry your LV with confidence and you should be fine :smile:

I don't think you should feel embarrassed at all. I, personally, find it flattering when someone is carrying the same AUTHENTIC bag as I'm carrying. It means we both have great taste! :smile:

The ones who should feel embarrassed are the ones who are carrying the fakes...and they know who they are! I can't understand how one carrying a fake designer bag can carry it proudly.

You have a Classic bag! Wear it, love it, show it with pride!!

I don't think you should feel embarrassed at all. I, personally, find it flattering when someone is carrying the same AUTHENTIC bag as I'm carrying. It means we both have great taste! :smile:

The ones who should feel embarrassed are the ones who are carrying the fakes...and they know who they are! I can't understand how one carrying a fake designer bag can carry it proudly.

You have a Classic bag! Wear it, love it, show it with pride!!

yes, I totally agree with that! I think the people who should be embarassed are those who carry the fakes. I would if I were them, that's why I hate fakes so much!

I feel proud to be carrying my babies. :yes:

I hardly ever see LV in my little suburban town....unless I venture into Boston. Yesterday I was just telling my sister in laws that I never see them - we went shopping in the city and I was in a MAC store and turned around and right there was another woman carrying her speedy - just like mine - only a lot older (with a nicer patina!) We both winked at eachother and smiled. It doesn't bother me at all to see someone with the same bag as me....I appreciate their good taste.

I'm one of those people who says "if you like the bag, carry it". Do you like it? Then don't let the fact that others have it make you not like it. That is a very popular bag, one of LV's best sellers so your bound to see it often fake and authentic.

The Speedy is a classic bag. So it's not surprising that many people carry it. All that matters is that you like it. I buy my bags because I love them and I walk proudly knowing mine is real. I live in Cali so there are tons of people who walk around with LV's whether it be real or fake. Because of that, it's hard to purchase a bag that someone else isn't walking around with. But if I didn't want people to notice my bag, I would buy some no name brand and save the money.