I counted my Coach Bags, I am one Big Piglet...10 and I want more...

That was deep. :crybaby: Someone get me some kleenex in this unstocked dorm room!
Oh Oh, I was diagnosed with thyroid too, overactive, nodules too. Are we twins??? and damn it I did not get the tote, but another large black hobo instead of the tote..for it was easier to carry. They must have made a mistake for the tote they said they showed me was $328.00 not 368.00 like the large hobo and small for me with the straps falling off without crossing them...Don't cry...I cry , but it is cleansing like the butterfly in its new and more beautiful form...:heart:

^ OH my goodness.... TL, you can write the most profound things in such a concise way.

I agree... possibly buy the one last ergo tote, and then come to a concensus on a "number" to stick to...... That way you'll feel good about a new one coming in, because you'll know that you'll be giving one of your old bags a new home...
No control, got a black large hobo, not a tote..the two strap was slipping. Twins, doublets...ohmygod

^ Well, you will get alot of use out of it, since it is such a classic bag/color. Good choice!!! :yes:

I am right there with you on the no self control thing... I went shopping at Coach today. I am going shopping at Coach tomorrow. And I am sitting here looking at pictures of Balenciaga bags trying to decide if am going to get one more. Can I come live with one of you??? Because I have a feeling DH is going to kick me out soon..... :sweatdrop:

(^ That was a joke!! I hope he wouldn't do that...)

Aww Lynn, I am sorry about your mom. I think that women, not saying all, grieve that way. I know when I am upset I immediately go the retail therapy route. I wish you good health and happiness. :heart:
I think we women grieve that way... buy bags, makeup and such even over losing boyfriends and ending relationship while the guys, have a bonding night or find another girl...quickly to ease their pain. I personally would rather be able to be quiet, feel the pain and sit on the beach, with my coach bag....lol

I personally would rather be able to be quiet, feel the pain and sit on the beach, with my coach bag....lol

Yes, gotta have the Coach bag along for petting! Petting luscious leather relieves stress!

I am hypothyroid. I have Hashimoto's so swing up and down. Recently, a nodule formed on my thyroid and then a couple of days ago I had anxiety attacks all day long. The nodule is gone now. Weird. But thyroid can really have an affect on emotions too. I'm sure you know that as well. When my thyroid decided to work again a few years ago and my meds were WAY too high, I went into a depression induced by being hyperthyroid. Took months to get my meds where they needed to be. I ended up taking 1/2 of what I was taking. So, be sure that your meds are correct too and you aren't swinging on the low side. I'm proud of you for not being afraid of feeling the pain. We are taught to fear pain in our society, you know. It certainly isn't pleasant but it is necessary. I'm just so glad that so many of us are questioning our buying habits and our splurges. I mean, I continue to love Coach but I'm acting in a more healthy way now than I was. And it's nice to know that we aren't alone. Nothing wrong with shallow obsessing so long as it doesn't cause us emotional or financial harm!! And glad you got your black hobo! You'll get a lot of use out of it!!

Lynn:

I am terribly sorry for your loss. With each days passing it will become a little easier. I know that these words do not ease the pain you are feeling. May God grant you peace and the strength to get through this. You really are growing and metamorphosizing just as a butterfly does.

Now about your bags....You have a great collection and you have enough for now. Please don't get the Ergo Tote. You already have the Ergo Hobo in Camel and Black and that should tide you over for some time. If you buy any more bags not only will you be going in to debt, you will also not be able to make time to enjoy
carrying the new ones you own.

I should talk.... In the past month I have purchased-

Ergo Hobo in Turquoise - PCE
Ergo Tote in Turquoise
Ergo Cross Body Bag in Camel - PCE
Ergo Cross Body Bag in Black - PCE
Ergo Turquoise French Purse - PCE
Ergo Turquoise Wristlet -PCE
Maude Vintage Small Vachetta Tote - PCE

I tell myself that I only spent $660 at the PCE because I had some Store Credits but still it is alot of stuff. One of the Turquoise bags will have to go back as I really don't need two turquoise bags. :confused1: At this rate I won't be able to buy anything else at the next PCE.

I think that I have issues as well and really need to go on a purse ban!!!!

Lynn:

I am terribly sorry for your loss. With each days passing it will become a little easier. I know that these words do not ease the pain you are feeling. May God grant you peace and the strength to get through this. You really are growing and metamorphosizing just as a butterfly does.

Now about your bags....You have a great collection and you have enough for now. Please don't get the Ergo Tote. You already have the Ergo Hobo in Camel and Black and that should tide you over for some time. If you buy any more bags not only will you be going in to debt, you will also not be able to make time to enjoy
carrying the new ones you own.

I should talk.... In the past month I have purchased-

Ergo Hobo in Turquoise - PCE
Ergo Tote in Turquoise
Ergo Cross Body Bag in Camel - PCE
Ergo Cross Body Bag in Black - PCE
Ergo Turquoise French Purse - PCE
Ergo Turquoise Wristlet -PCE
Maude Vintage Small Vachetta Tote - PCE

I tell myself that I only spent $660 at the PCE because I had some Store Credits but still it is alot of stuff. One of the Turquoise bags will have to go back as I really don't need two turquoise bags. :confused1: At this rate I won't be able to buy anything else at the next PCE.

I think that I have issues as well and really need to go on a purse ban!!!!
Thank you Liz, I really miss my mom..even just to show the bags to, thank God for all of you to share things with. We all have pur se issues it seems. What the purse has to do with our feelings, we must figure it out..so personal the stuff we must have and put in there as part of who we are...maybe a post about that? We spent noney, even with the credits and pce..we all did...lol:heart:

Yes, gotta have the Coach bag along for petting! Petting luscious leather relieves stress!

I am hypothyroid. I have Hashimoto's so swing up and down. Recently, a nodule formed on my thyroid and then a couple of days ago I had anxiety attacks all day long. The nodule is gone now. Weird. But thyroid can really have an affect on emotions too. I'm sure you know that as well. When my thyroid decided to work again a few years ago and my meds were WAY too high, I went into a depression induced by being hyperthyroid. Took months to get my meds where they needed to be. I ended up taking 1/2 of what I was taking. So, be sure that your meds are correct too and you aren't swinging on the low side. I'm proud of you for not being afraid of feeling the pain. We are taught to fear pain in our society, you know. It certainly isn't pleasant but it is necessary. I'm just so glad that so many of us are questioning our buying habits and our splurges. I mean, I continue to love Coach but I'm acting in a more healthy way now than I was. And it's nice to know that we aren't alone. Nothing wrong with shallow obsessing so long as it doesn't cause us emotional or financial harm!! And glad you got your black hobo! You'll get a lot of use out of it!!
I am going to wait on any impulsive give back decisions. Wow we have a lot of the same things if not the same bags. lol..... I have Thyroid antibodies.. !But I have 6 nodules and my thyroid is working normally, just nodules and antibodies thus far. Got a good doctor, may just need a biopsy for one of them...I can sometimes sit back and deal with the pain, and sometimes I buy way too much especially when DH who is private and quiet cannot fill my need to talk and play...but I cannot play with my bags except to change the accessories and the outfits. I lead a quiet life..read, go to movies, rent them and am trying to heal from my moms passing. It will all resolve itself on its own I am sure if I get out of my own way. lol :heart:

fig61.gif

old thread