I carry a ___ bag b/c I want to be liked..

there are 2 different ideas going on here. the original title of this post is asking if we would wear a certain bag in order to be accepted (liked). my answer to that is a resounding "no". I think that would be shallow and suggest I have an incredibly low self esteem and have nothing to offer as a person. However, the original post suggests more of a self conscious attitude about what kind of bag we wear in certain situations. Granted, I'm not about to carry any of my LVs to volunteer in a soup kitchen. That would be very inapropriate for obvious reasons. But in everyday life, I carry what I feel like and if anyone gives me a weird look, I just smile at them. (its amazing how a kind look will disarm people) If I'm in a classroom situation, I would attempt to socialize with everyone so they know who I am and not define me by my acoutrements. Anyone who chooses to still judge me negatively after that has other issues they should probably address themselves. I'm comfortable with myself and can only attribute that to my age and life experience. When I was younger, I most surely felt differently - less confidence would have allowed the tail to wag the dog, ie; be overly self conscious of how I looked/what I was carrying. Sorry to ramble. Pinot Noir is kicking in.

I wear David Yurman to work (two-tone). As for bags I take my Longchamps and Coach, but this past week I took my new City Chocolate Balenciaga. A lot of people do not recognize that label, but they are curious about the "cascading" leather strips..

Yes! I’m sure that’s definitely normal. Maybe because you don’t want your new classmates (since you mentioned that you have a new school this coming school year) to feel like “oh this girl has a lot of handbags for herself” that’s why you chose to leave your designer purses at home and chose to use only one handbag to school. Neither, you don’t want to get the more beautiful handbags dirty! Since it’s just an everyday bag for school! Hehe!