I am so angry right now

Is the ice helping your poor doggie feel better? What kind of dog do you have? What was on the pizza she got hold of? Mushrooms, maybe?

I love my animals to pieces and I just can't imagine being treated like you were. At the very least it was unprofessional. And possibly unethical. I mean, really, without speaking to you directly, how did the vet know what antidote to give your poor baby?

Hopefully you can check with your regular vet when he/she opens on Monday and make sure everything is okay.

XOXO to your doggie.

OMG, so sorry this happened. hope your doggy feels better soon. i'd be upset too if my vet ever did a stunt like that.
i personally would not return there and would write a letter to them.
if no i,provement, i would seek care from another vet.
please do keep us posted.

The ice has helped. The swelling is completly gone, but whatever that sketchy vet gave my dog has made her act very...odd, its like she is super paranoid and on a high.

She ate a veggie slice...my bf thinks the oninions on it gave her the reaction. I am just so outraged that this vet thought it was ok to administer treatment to a dog she has NEVER seen and NEVER seen me...ugh!

Monday is going to be a long day of calling the board certifaction of vet med. to report the unethical treatment, calling to make an appointment to speak with the vet in person, and my mom for support...

You all have been great in making my feel comfortable with my angry feelings

I feel for you - I would be fuming, infact just reading your thread made me :censor: off. I really hope you give the vet a piece of your mind this is totally unacceptable and unprofressional.

Let us know what happens and love to the dog!:flowers:

Oh dear! how completely unprofessional... i dont blame you for being pissed at all. I would call that office and give them a good telling off.
you definetly dont want some over zealous vet tech making mistakes in the future with another person's pet. that could be disastrous!

My puppy was stung by a bee and his face blew up like a balloon. I live about an hour and a half from any vet's office so I just jumped online and read that removing the stinger with tweezers and giving the dog a benedryl would make it better, thank god... it's very scary to have your pet have an allergic reaction! I feel for you!

Yes, benadryl does work for dogs, although being the worrier that I am, I still wouldn't administer it to my pets without my vet's recommendation. A couple of years ago, two of my dogs and I stepped on a bee's nest while out on a walk. The vet said to give my one dog who got stung multiple times in the face two benadryl tablets. He's about 55 lbs. and is a Keeshond.

OMG. After reading all this I am so MAD.

But I'm glad that your doggie is better.

I am so glad that you are gong to report the vet. There is no excuse for what happened. They need to be held accountable.

Please keep us posted on what happens :yes:

After reading everybody else's reaction, I have to say, we are all in agreement. That vet or the technician was soooooooo wrong! What happened is unconscionable. I can't fathom what happened. It's beyond anything remotely appropriate.

Did you pay for it?? I wouldnt have. I would have said you didnt authorize any shots, and you asked to see the vet. She didnt say they were going to give your dog a shot.....you also could have given him benadryl orally....that is messed up. I would have been poed!!!!

Is your dog getting better?

Leelee said:
Yes, benadryl does work for dogs, although being the worrier that I am, I still wouldn't administer it to my pets without my vet's recommendation. A couple of years ago, two of my dogs and I stepped on a bee's nest while out on a walk. The vet said to give my one dog who got stung multiple times in the face two benadryl tablets. He's about 55 lbs. and is a Keeshond.

Benadryl is a pretty safe drug. You have to REALLY overdose to cause any harm. The worst that can happen with a mild overdose is being tired.

Here is the UPDATE!!!!

I finally got a hold of the manager today who transfered me to the owner. In a nutshell the owner yelled at me, made me cry, and their excuse for making me cry was "we did everything by the book and we don't know what it is that you want that will make you happy"...how about NOT yelling at me...seriously as soon as the owner picked up the phone he was rude and was like "ugh hurry up and tell me what it is you want because I just left this dog on the table to just speak to you"...what the :censor: do these vets just randomly leave dogs in surgey and think its ok?!?!?!?!

The owner kept saying that my dog could have died and I should be thankful...ummm no. He totally missed the point, was super unprofessional and just made the situation worse. AND to make things even worse, the receptionist who took my dog from me is LYING to everyone there saying something "conflicting" and then when I said I had 2 witnesses that can attest to my side of the story and that I had NO problem reporting them to the state. After hearing that they wanted to refund my money.

I posted a warning on craigslist in my area so people can stay away from this clinic in the future...I would not want anyone to go through this again!!!

:rant: