Husband bought FAKE Balenciaga on eBay - NEED info to get $$$ Back!!

My Dear,
Wow, I read this whole scenario and I felt sick about it - even though it wasn't even me!! I have purchased one handbag from ebay - Chloe edith in Whiskey (BNWT) and happened to get a lovely seller and the bag IS authentic - came from Luisaviaroma. Even though I have sold many of my own designer bags on ebay that I purchased at retail, I am SO scared of ebay sellers and designer bags! Reading something like this thread scares me even more!
I am so sorry you had to endure this but I commend all of TPF friends for supporting you!!
Beth:heart:

What a nightmare - I too have gotten scammed with damaged goods from Ebay - too afraid of retaliatory feedback to post a negative though :shame:

That's really too bad.
If you leave neg. feedback - you can prevent things like this from happening.
If you have one or two retaliatory feedback - it's not the end of the world.
Experienced eBayers will know what really happened.

Again gals - bought a Chloe Paddington from them, collected it myself at their London office just to be sure - 100% authentic. If you look at their feedback carefully they do not have a single negative for non-authenticity..... Take care everyone....

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Three posts from Fashion_Addict, now she's gone!!!!!!!!!!!

did you get your money back yet?

hope so...this seems like such a hassle.

YES ... thank god!!! It took a little bit because of the exchange from USD --> GBP and then from GBP --> USD again.

Unfortunately, this bag keeps on being sold OVER and OVER again! I've gotten a series of emails from other folks who BIN'd the bag to then find out - *FAKE* !!!!

YES ... thank god!!! It took a little bit because of the exchange from USD --> GBP and then from GBP --> USD again.

Unfortunately, this bag keeps on being sold OVER and OVER again! I've gotten a series of emails from other folks who BIN'd the bag to then find out - *FAKE* !!!!

Let's keep an eye on this seller and report the fakes!

Oh CeeJay what a relief.Now you can breathe a littler easier.I will have to go back and look at the seller's name.I can't believe that bag is being sold over and over like that.

Tan

I reported this seller to ebay.
I also sent individual emails to the contact's listed under the VERO pages to the designers of the handbags he has listed!

Lets all do the same!!

I'm another one who fell for this cheater: thebideasy. Thankfully I had not paid, and I reported the item to Ebay, and they cancelled the auction. I was going to leave negative feedback, but they acted so quickly that I didn't get a chance. Here is my e-mail to him, and his response back: "Your claim is preposterous.

You cannot claim the bag is not authentic without even seeing it.

The buyer in question has provided no evidence for her claim but we
are giving her a refund in any case.

Selling identical items with identical photos is perfectly acceptable.

If you do not want the bag, just say so, but do not adopt an
accusatory tone without even seeing the goods based on unsubstantiated
hearsay from online handbag forums.

If you want to report us to eBay, we will do the same to you.

Regards,

Scott

Quoting "eBay Member: **** <[email protected]>:

> -----------------------------------------------------------------
> eBay sent this message to The Bid Easy (thebideasy).
> Your registered name is included to help confirm this message
> originated from eBay.
> Learn more: http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/confidence/name-userid-emails.html
>
> Question about Item -- Respond Now
>
> eBay sent this message on behalf of an eBay member through My
> Messages. Responses sent using email will go to the eBay member
> directly and will include your email address.
>
> Question from "My Ebay ID"
> -------------------------------------------------------
>
> My Ebay Name (3136)
> Positive feedback: 99.8%
> Member since: 13-Oct-98
> Location: OH,United States
> Registered on: www.ebay.com
>
> Item: Stunning BALENCIAGA 100% Authentic Bronze Handbag BNWT (290080172698)
> This message was sent after the listing closed.
> My Ebay ID is the winner.
> I have learned that the Balenciaga handbag that you are selling is
> counterfeit. You have used the same photos for at least three
> auctions. You are currently in a dispute with at least one Ebayer
> concerning this same handbag. I have contacted Ebay re: this
> auction. Please do not list this handbag anymore. I am also
> contacting Balenciaga and I am referring your previous buyer to
> federal authorities including the United States Postal Service to
> investigate mail fraud. Balenciaga does not sell their items
> through an Italian distributor, so please do not tell me that is
> where you purchased the handbag.
>
> ======================================================================
> Respond to this question in My Messages - Respond now
> http://contact.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?M2MContact&item=290080172698&requested=**&qid=173904443&redirect=0

The photos that he showed were not stock photos - or at least not all of them were - there was even one photo that showed an irregularity in the leather on the back of the handbag. It was in all of the bronze handbag auctions.

Ebay cancelled that auction, but yet he continues to sell on Ebay. Yuck.

I'm another one who fell for this cheater: thebideasy. Thankfully I had not paid, and I reported the item to Ebay, and they cancelled the auction. I was going to leave negative feedback, but they acted so quickly that I didn't get a chance. Here is my e-mail to him, and his response back: "Your claim is preposterous.

You cannot claim the bag is not authentic without even seeing it.

The buyer in question has provided no evidence for her claim but we
are giving her a refund in any case.

Selling identical items with identical photos is perfectly acceptable.

If you do not want the bag, just say so, but do not adopt an
accusatory tone without even seeing the goods based on unsubstantiated
hearsay from online handbag forums.

If you want to report us to eBay, we will do the same to you.

Regards,

Scott

Quoting "eBay Member: **** <[email protected]>:

> eBay sent this message to The Bid Easy (thebideasy).
> Your registered name is included to help confirm this message
> originated from eBay.
> Learn more: http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/confidence/name-userid-emails.html
>
> Question about Item -- Respond Now
>
> eBay sent this message on behalf of an eBay member through My
> Messages. Responses sent using email will go to the eBay member
> directly and will include your email address.
>
> Question from "My Ebay ID"
>
> My Ebay Name (3136)
> Positive feedback: 99.8%
> Member since: 13-Oct-98
> Location: OH,United States
> Registered on: www.ebay.com
>
> Item: Stunning BALENCIAGA 100% Authentic Bronze Handbag BNWT (290080172698)
> This message was sent after the listing closed.
> My Ebay ID is the winner.
> I have learned that the Balenciaga handbag that you are selling is
> counterfeit. You have used the same photos for at least three
> auctions. You are currently in a dispute with at least one Ebayer
> concerning this same handbag. I have contacted Ebay re: this
> auction. Please do not list this handbag anymore. I am also
> contacting Balenciaga and I am referring your previous buyer to
> federal authorities including the United States Postal Service to
> investigate mail fraud. Balenciaga does not sell their items
> through an Italian distributor, so please do not tell me that is
> where you purchased the handbag.
>
> ======================================================================
> Respond to this question in My Messages - Respond now
> http://contact.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?M2MContact&item=290080172698&requested=**&qid=173904443&redirect=0

The photos that he showed were not stock photos - or at least not all of them were - there was even one photo that showed an irregularity in the leather on the back of the handbag. It was in all of the bronze handbag auctions.

Ebay cancelled that auction, but yet he continues to sell on Ebay. Yuck.

Good for you! Can you leave him a negative though? THe auction was cancelled?

Just wanted to put in my two cents - have bought three bags from 'thebideasy' on eBay over past year and they are all 100% real, including the same Balenciaga. I even took it to Balanciaga and they confirmed this, as I was skeptical too. Yes, the pics are the same, but if the bag is identical, I don't see the problem. Sounds like you guys all made up your mind without even seeing the bag.

When you have seen hundreds (if not thousands) of authentic and fake examples of certain designer bags, both IRL and online - with a few exceptions, it becomes relatively easy to tell the genuine from the fake, without seeing it IRL.

And 'Balenciaga doesn't sell to distributors in Italy?' Come on gals - that's like saying that BMW doesn't sell to distributors in Germany. Let's not let our husbands do our shopping and give the few honest eBay sellers out there with stellar feedback a little more credit. Take care - you all are wonderful and supportive and I'm so glad to have found you! x

What difference does it make if we 'let our husbands do our shopping', or not? If the bag was authentic, why would it matter who bought it? :shrugs:

Oh and trust me, anyone with a rudimentary knowledge about eBay knows that 99.7% is not 'stellar feedback' for a seller with 2091 feedbacks, by any stretch of the imagination.

Take care - you all are wonderful and supportive and I'm so glad to have found you! x

Yes, I expect you are; as it's almost miraculous! :nuts:

What a happy coincidence for thebideasy, that a totally unconnected, happy buyer, stumbled, totally unbidden, onto this forum and instantly found this thread! :biggrin:

Again gals - bought a Chloe Paddington from them, collected it myself at their London office just to be sure - 100% authentic. If you look at their feedback carefully they do not have a single negative for non-authenticity..... Take care everyone....

No, but they do have a neutral for fake Ballantyne:

iconNeu_16x16.gif
consegna molto lenta taglia sbagliata (no XL) Ballantyne non originale Buyer bixio_sq
s.gif
( 7 ) Jan-14-07 10:50 290062982953

Reply by thebideasy: Exactly as described. Poor communication and understanding of product. Jan-14-07 13:17

Also, as has already been mentioned, many sellers of fakes do not have any mention of fakes in their feedback, especially if they are selling superfakes, as most buyers don't know the difference (or don't know until it's too late) and out of the few that do know, many, like the OP, are too scared of a retaliatory neg to leave a neg.

I think the fact that the person who received fake Ballantyne (or believed they did) only left a neutral, says it all about the inadequacies of the feedback system, in the way that it is currently (mis)used!

You guys ARE being raped if you pay retail!

Not as much as we would be if we bought a fake Paddy for £595 - which would be worth next to nothing on the resale market (unless we, knowingly, scammed someone else, in turn!).

Maybe the reply was a bit strong, but you accused him of selling a fake without even seeing the bag! How much sense does that make?

Makes more sense than waiting to receive what you can clearly see is a fake from the photos!

And anyone comes up with a contrary opinion and backs a seller with great feedback and you accuse the poster of being affiliated with him! Anyway, make up your own minds, I will continue to buy from them happily. Take care gals! x

'Take care gals! x' ROFLMAO! :roflmfao:

How many British women call each other 'gals' these days (unless they're joking!)?!! :rolleyes: