How Young is TOO Young?

When I at the Orlando outlet, I saw several women buying their elementary-age daughters wristlets and keychains and things like that. As long as they understand the value I don't think it's detrimental, but I will always be a firm believer in kids earning at least part of the money themselves. That's the only way to truly appreciate something's value, imo.

Personally, I think the right age to buy kids a purse is when they start to need one. Deciding on an expensive one or not depends on their tastes and preferences.

Well said! ITA

I do have a talk with her about labels not being everything etc. and she does earn her little extra things here and there.

Well, for me, I have 3 girls and my baby is a boy:smile:So my 17yr. old has 2 Coach bags, a few wristlets, a zippy wallet, and a couple of fobs.I purchased her 1st bag when she was 15, at the outlet for a great deal(a siggy hobo for $65.00).I also just got her the glam tote (pink/orange siggy one) at the outlet in June for her 17th bd., another great price, $80.00.As for her accessorie's, shes paid for them.My 10 1/2 yr. old has a khaki siggy top handle pouch,a wristlet, her intial fob, and the pink poodle fob.(only uses her fobs,lol)Then my 3 1 /2 yr.old dd has a mini skinny, an older tweed wristlet that was my 10 yr.olds, and her intial fob.It was much easier to buy for them when I was still working, now that I'am a sahm, it is not as often.So my outlook is obvious, if they take care of their belongings, I don't have a problem, when they show me that they cannot, then they will not recieve Coach from me:smile:

I think it's ridiculous when you see young children with purses of any kind especially coach or other designers.

Why would they even need a purse at that age? I've carried purses since my teens because I had a wallet with money (for school lunches, shopping etc) and my drivers license. I also needed it for feminine products and makeup etc.

But as an 11 year old I never needed to carry such things and therefore had no need for a purse. I would have probably lost it anyways to be honest.

I wouldn't be against buying a little Coach wristlet for my cousin (she's 8.) But it would be part of a "girly day" where we'd wear nice clothes, go get our nails done, have a nice lunch. But I would be fully aware that there's a good risk that she'd lose interest in it, or lose it entirely. On the flip side, it may be something that she'll keep in the top drawer of her bureau and remember when her crazy cousin Pheatherwait took her shopping when she was little...I still have my cheap plastic costume necklaces that my grandmother gave me, but they are priceless because they were gifts from her.