How would you react???

I would have some major problems with my husband if he did this. Something just doesn't add up with the whole thing. Your husband let it happen and to me this was wrong. IHe has to be friends with these strippers so one wonders just when he has the time to talk to them???? Red flags to me.

No I know that, and I wouldn't have said a word to any of them had she not approached me the way that she did. If a woman you never knew of came up to you and claimed to be a good friend of your husband from your shop, the one you own and work at) you'd be pissed off, at her for being obnoxious and telling your kids she's his good friend) and him for keeping things from you. Now my son keeps saying that's daddy's girlfriend. Yeah thats nice and I want her and her employees around my kids. I wouldn't have said a word to the otherones had they not butted into the conversation. They were not involved until they had the nerve to get into my face. Those were my cars, by booth, they should have stayed out of it becasue they didn't know what was going on.

Just isn't adding up w/ DH. I have been to car shows in the past & know that sometimes they have attractive women to encourage business. Cheesy but true.

So... since you own this shop w/ DH, shouldn't this have been a business issue where you both decided to have or not have this type of "attraction"?

I agree that strippers are people too & that REALLY your anger should be w/ DH & not that woman.

How in the world does your husband know strippers if he never goes out? My husband does golfing, fishing, etc. w/ his buddies & never ONCE have I ever met a stripper saying she was friendly w/ my husband. This would send up HUGE red flags for me.

Sorry to be curt but I think your husband is being a jerk to you.

Also... you're pregnant, you have atleast one other child & you just recently lost your brother (which my heart sank when I read that) & DH is pulling THIS kind of crap?!?

I don't think so. If it were my DH his testicles would be in a jar of formaldyhyde on the mantle. Marriage is a fulltime partnership. He should be focusing on his pregnant, mourning wife being COMFORTABLE at the car show, not random women who turn out to be exotic dancers!

Also... you're pregnant, you have atleast one other child & you just recently lost your brother (which my heart sank when I read that) & DH is pulling THIS kind of crap?!?

I don't think so. If it were my DH his testicles would be in a jar of formaldyhyde on the mantle. Marriage is a fulltime partnership. He should be focusing on his pregnant, mourning wife being COMFORTABLE at the car show, not random women who turn out to be exotic dancers!

You made me laugh. Yes he should have cleared it with me to begin with. The reason he knows them is because they shop at our store. I'm not there ALL the time. I have met a couple of them before but none claiming to know my husband so well. He really doesn't go out at night. Unless he's leaving the shop unattended during the day, which I doubt because he is obsessed with it. I want to be clear that on a normal day I have nothing against them. Only when they are standing there in an underwear and bra telling my son they are daddy's friends. Sorry but It was inappropriate to me esp. when it's supposed to be only buis. She crossed a personal line and she was told not too. My son can approach her sure, and he can talk to her, but I don't appreciate ideas being fed to my 5yr old. Now I gotta hear about daddy's friend or girlfirend?? I don't like it. I also wanted to keep the image of a family buis. But now that's shot.

Originally Posted by Pursegrrl
DH lied to you. Big problem.
Yes, this is your problem, not those girls. I think it was not right for you to call them trashy; they aren't your problem. Your husband is. But I understand that you were faced with an uncomfortable situation and just reacted.

I agree. And strippers aren't neccesarily whores. A lot of them have homes, families, just like you. They just make their living as strippers. It's a job.

Wow, I agree that you should be angry. It doesn't seem very thoughtful on the part of your DH to have strippers dressed in bras and underwear at an event where you and your children will be. I've been to many car shows, and have seen girls in bikinis a few times. However, they are usually on a "bikini team" rather than working for one business. The rest of the time the models are usually dressed in tight shirts and shorts or even business casual attire. Bras and underwear seem over the top to me, and could actually be bad for business since so many women go to car shows nowadays. Too many gimicks can backfire and make people question the merits of the product.

OK, i am the paranoid girlfriend, but NO I certainly don't think you are reading too much into it. Seems off to me as well. Why would he lie to you in the first place saying someone else invited them? I'd have him do a little explaining.

Sorry you have to deal with this, especially when you are pregnant!

((hugs))

Sorry that happened. Also, so sorry about your brother...

I think that the problem here is your DH, NOT the women. It seems like a lot of women don't want to blame the DH, but the other woman/women. For real, it is your DH. Strippers are not beneath anyone, it is a job. A lot are mothers, too. They don't force anything on anyone. Customers simply walk through the door on their own free will...

I'd be Po'd if I were you, too, I think anyone would be. Just remember who is responsible for lying to you, DH.

Also, are there often women dressed sexily/models at car shows? If so and you don't want your son to be exposed, could you get a sitter for him so you would not need to worry?

I can only imagine how difficult this is while being pregnant, too. Hugs and best wishes to you.

I'd be pretty darn pissed as well. But I have one of those SO's that just really doesn't think sometimes (really, he he's a charismatic guy, but he can be a total man-ditz). Some men just don't think their "brilliant plans" out before they initiate them; if your SO thought it would be good for business for half-dressed women to be bouncing around his cars, the fact that they were strippers probably didn't even cross his mind. Even my SO, I read the story to him just now and his automatic response was to ignore the stripper part and go "OH that's a good idea for to get attention for the cars" :rolleyes:

Give your DH one damn hard time, he deserves it no matter what! I hope his intentions were stupid-innocent and not stupid-intentional, but anyway around, he needs a butt kicking! You're his wife, he should have thought about the effect of near naked women coming in contact with you and your child, nothing excuses that; I hope he really just didn't think about it before he did it and that's all.

Man -ditz describes him. You stated it well. I think he just doesn't think things through. He isn't bad just dumb sometimes(he knows this). I would have been fine with the models, even if ours were dressed in baby-tees or tanks like the other models it would have been probably ok. But they were not. They were in almost nothing. Like I said my big prob is the things she said to my 5 yr old. I take my kids to the car shows only if I can not get a sitter because it is Very tiring. I had 1 full size SUV and 1 compact car that are mine and it took me almost 10 hours to get them both ready. For a preggo woman thats a lot of work! I like working on them but it was just too much for me this time around.

ummmm........I would have issues with ALL of this to begin with.Something isnt addin up.He invited them?????Does he go to said strip club?Id be asking that question REAL FAST!
Also ...I need to add......WHy would u want to promote a strip club with your business to begin with..That seems kinda distasteful..IMHO.

If my husband invited strippers to ANYTHING I would kick his ass into next week. Sounds like he needs to be sofa surfing for sometime to come. And whats up with him talking about you being "over emotional" to a freaking stripper? Are you kidding me? I would have been livid. You have every right to be upset!!!!!!

Only when they are standing there in an underwear and bra telling my son they are daddy's friends.

I think your husband was just trying to save some money and hire these women instead of real models - not much difference if they're just supposed to hang around scantily dressed...

I'm sorry about your brother.