How/where do you report website/shops/sellers of fakes/counterfeits?

I hadn't heard of the Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) before. It's apparently run jointly by the FBI and the National White Collar Crime Center. I'm an eBay seller. I've recently seen someone from China selling 'Vintage Weiss' brooches, which they have a million of. I reported them for fraud and nothing at all was done, so I reported them again. They are clearly fakes. It's SO frustrating when eBay won't take action! So I'm very happy to hear about this Center.

So, excuse me for being a little naïve with this question, but if they state on a site the bag is a replica, it's okay then because they're admitting you aren't getting the real thing? But if they don't they're considered selling a fake? But.... Isn't a replica just as fake... As a fake? :search: (Did that make sense?)

So, excuse me for being a little naïve with this question, but if they state on a site the bag is a replica, it's okay then because they're admitting you aren't getting the real thing?

There is no "okay." They are operating illegally with the intent to deceive, and are violating all kinds of copyright and intellectual property laws, and mail fraud as well, and the legal arms of brands do go after them.

There is no "okay." They are operating illegally with the intent to deceive, and are violating all kinds of copyright and intellectual property laws, and mail fraud as well, and the legal arms of brands do go after them.

That's kinda what I thought. It just seems I notice people brush it off more when it's a "replica" and the seller admits it as such when IMO it's never okay to copy someone else's work.

I'll move this to Handbags and Purses since this isn't an eBay topic.
The Harper's Bazzaar info is this:
[email protected] or fax to 202.223.6668
Thank you! There is a local boutique where I live that sells Fake designer goods! They take you to the back room of the store & that's where they sell the fake designer bags. So TACKY. I was so stunned I simply walked out feeling...numb.

I just joined this forum and I am super excited about it. Anyway I want to report a site that is selling fake handbags. I saw this great deal on Groupon that was selling Balenciaga classic City handbags in three different colors so I was excited and jumped right on it since they were selling them for $300 less than the Balenciaga website. When the bag arrived it was a counterfeit. It wasn't even a good counterfeit (you would think for $1200 they would at least be hard to tell that it was a fake) and it came in a beat up box. I hope the others who also purchased the deal are able to tell it is fake and send it back. So just to warn everyone that GROUPON.COM DOES NOT SELL AUTHENTIC DESIGNER GOODS!![/COLOR] I also hope that this shows up when people Google it to prevent them from spending their hard earned money on a product that you can buy on the streets for $20 and I am not exaggerating! [/FONT]

I just joined this forum and I am super excited about it. Anyway I want to report a site that is selling fake handbags. I saw this great deal on Groupon that was selling Balenciaga classic City handbags in three different colors so I was excited and jumped right on it since they were selling them for $300 less than the Balenciaga website. When the bag arrived it was a counterfeit. It wasn't even a good counterfeit (you would think for $1200 they would at least be hard to tell that it was a fake) and it came in a beat up box. I hope the others who also purchased the deal are able to tell it is fake and send it back. So just to warn everyone that GROUPON.COM DOES NOT SELL AUTHENTIC DESIGNER GOODS!![/COLOR] I also hope that this shows up when people Google it to prevent them from spending their hard earned money on a product that you can buy on the streets for $20 and I am not exaggerating! [/FONT]

Yes sdelmoore, we hear you. I have had the same problem with groupon selling me a fake gucci bag. Received it last week. Please check my posts for more info. Ever since then i have been on the net warning people.

Groupon might drag their feet with fixing this up though as I have experienced. I don't feel that we should return the bags to groupon as they are counterfeits so you want to take them out of circulation and not allowing them to resell it.

I'm new here so I'm not sure if this question has been answered elsewhere (sorry if it has) - but does anyone know what happened to iOffer? I was on there about a week ago doing research on fake bags & shoes for a school project and when I went back today almost everything is gone. Was there some kind of mass fraud shut down that happened in the last few days? All the sellers I had saved for my presentation are either gone or have no products listed. While this is fantastic news for us counterfeit haters it's bad news for my project haha! Hoping someone has some information by Sunday night, I have to present in front of my class on Monday. Thanks :smile:

ioffer.com, this site is crazy. LV zip wallets for $23. SMH

I was browsing today. All I can do is look. I'll buy a wallet, be out with the girls and someone will point out my fake. Now, I can't have that happen.

Last edited: