How to arrange for surgery in Korea when in the US

iconic321

O.G.
Mar 8, 2007
Hello! I have no idea how to go about arranging for consults. I have my travel dates and am ready to buy aurfare but I’m not getting responses from clinics on WhatsApp or Unnie. Do I make a consultation appointment now for when I arrive in Korea? That’s still a few months away so it seems aggressive. How are people getting online consults? I am mainly only interested in doing lateral cantho and possibly a tiny revision to the outer edge of my eyes to address sagging due to aging.

Girin responded asking for photos then ghosted me. Maybe because they know I’m not due in Korea until July? I’m worried I’ll arrive in Korea and have no appointments and/or no doctor will perform the canthoplasty.

Attachments

• IMG_4684.jpeg
    IMG_4684.jpeg
    152.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4682.jpeg
    IMG_4682.jpeg
    116.2 KB · Views: 4
Hello! I have no idea how to go about arranging for consults. I have my travel dates and am ready to buy aurfare but I’m not getting responses from clinics on WhatsApp or Unnie. Do I make a consultation appointment now for when I arrive in Korea? That’s still a few months away so it seems aggressive. How are people getting online consults? I am mainly only interested in doing lateral cantho and possibly a tiny revision to the outer edge of my eyes to address sagging due to aging.

Girin responded asking for photos then ghosted me. Maybe because they know I’m not due in Korea until July? I’m worried I’ll arrive in Korea and have no appointments and/or no doctor will perform the canthoplasty.
i wasn’t getting responses on Unni but received responses from whatsapp and kkt. i was able to book all my consult appointments through these two methods. sometimes it takes them a few days because of the time difference, but also if you reach out between 2-3 weeks before your flight might be better as well, although it shouldn’t be an issue booking appointments now…

A lot of clinics don't make consultation appointments until the month prior, unless you're willing to put a deposit down (which is not refundable in most cases). I let them know my interest and booked whatever I can through wechat/whatsapp and will book the rest in July (as I am going in August)

I got rhinoplasty in Seoul. I reached out to my clinic months in advance (October 2023) to ask preliminary questions via WhatsApp. Once I solidified my travel dates, I reached out to them again in January to schedule a in-person consultation for the day that I land in Korea in April, in which they were happy to schedule for me.

However, I did get an online consultation when I initially reached out in October.

Last edited:
For online consults maybe you can try messaging them in Korean by translating using Papago. Or you can find a translator (eg GMTC) to reach out on your behalf. Not sure why they would be ghosting you though.

For in person consults I think it depends on what your schedule looks like. If you want to do consults and surgery in the same trip, I think you’re better off making deposits for your top choices and getting refunds after you decide. But this needs a lot of careful scheduling if you want to get most of your money back, every clinic has their own refund policy within a certain time (eg 100% refund within 7 days of surgery).

If you intend to do your surgery on a different trip to Seoul then you could probably be more relaxed and just book consultations only in advance. But I would also suggest reaching out before your trip to book consults cuz some clinics can be really busy. Some clinics have free consultations while some require payment. I think if they require payment for consults usually it can go towards the cost of the surgery.

If you absolutely want to maximize your time in a single trip you will need to book everything (hotel, flight, inperson consult, surgery date) in advance so they all line up with your timeline.