How to Age A Balenciaga Bag?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did post above that the rings are welded/soldered all the way round. The leather is far from stiff and if I put the bag down it smooshes up.

Here is the stud off the bottom of the handle, excuse my spotty PJ's :shame:

Baltag5.jpg

I'll be going to see the Balenciaga SA in about 2 hours so I'll have a definite answer either way.

sooooooo........... the bag ended up being __________

I'm totally assuming real but I've only been "studying" bbags for a month now............................

^--- whoops! I looked at the time and thought it said AM instead of PM!!! lol!! I wish you the best because it sounds like you found a real treasure!!!!

Aaaaarrrrrr! Treasure hunting is soooo FUN!!!

*drum roll please*

The bag is AUTHENTIC!

The Balenciaga SA checked every rivet, compared it to the current season, felt it, smooshed it and even checked out the dustbag and confirmed that what I had is indeed the real deal :yahoo:

He said it was an older season bag and said that the lack of the silver plate was nothing to worry about as they were inconsistent with putting them in.

*drum roll please*

The bag is AUTHENTIC!

The Balenciaga SA checked every rivet, compared it to the current season, felt it, smooshed it and even checked out the dustbag and confirmed that what I had is indeed the real deal :yahoo:

He said it was an older season bag and said that the lack of the silver plate was nothing to worry about as they were inconsistent with putting them in.

I am soooo happy for you, Mooks! I have to say that I was quite positive about your bag. Some time ago I dealt with a superfake myself, but the leather was just not right. And the smell was totally different. Sooo... CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :wlae:

*drum roll please*

The bag is AUTHENTIC!

:yahoo:Congrats! I have been following this thread with great interest, am so happy for your good news on your bag, yay! :tup: So in the end, what year is the bag, for educational purposes since I am a newbie?:heart:

I didn't know Bal ever used rivets with semi-circle notches :confused1:

I thought that older bags had solid rivets (no notches at all) and newer bags had rivets with longer, squarish notches. Now I'm confused...

MOOKS: Wow what a thread! I am soo new to Balenciaga but the leather on your bag looks amazing! Im so pleased for you that everything got sorted out! Congrats on a great bag!
So what season and year is it from? xx

Status
Not open for further replies.