How old ARE B-bags?

i have a harper's bazaar with a pic of a le dix that's from 2000...
i imagine if they were doing this striped one back then, that they probably were doing solid colors too...
kimair, are you sure the photo isn't from 2001? I have a scan of this page somewhere, was pretty sure it was published in May or June of 01. And that striped fabric was featured in the spring 01 collection.

kimair, are you sure the photo isn't from 2001? I have a scan of this page somewhere, was pretty sure it was published in May or June of 01. And that striped fabric was featured in the spring 01 collection.

Hummmm, you're right about the striped fabric being featured in the 01SS collection, but according to the Bal website, they've been making the motorcycle bags since 2000.

I personally don't remember seeing these bags before 2001, but since Balenciaga claims that they've been making them since 00, they have to be right, I thought :shrugs: But come to think of it, after the entire chevre-agneau thing, I'm not so sure anymore....

So... if they first made the bags for the SS01 collection, wouldn't they technically have made them and released them in late 2000? I wonder if they would think of the date of origin as the actual date of production or the season for which they were produced?