How Often Do You Pluck ??

I'm sooo OCD when it comes to my brows...anytime I see or feel a stray hair...out it comes. I love my brows and have never let anyone touch then so I pluck them myself. It actually doesn't hurt when I pluck I guess because I've killed all the nerve endings....hehe...or I've just gotten use to the feel if it =)

I get my eyebrows threaded =).I go to some salon around my area. I get them done every month..it hurts a bit. I dont get them thin though, I get just them to look natural. The girl just cleans them,and uses the natual shape as a guide. She is great!

Jadore said:
I get my eyebrows threaded =).I go to some salon around my area. I get them done every month..it hurts a bit. I dont get them thin though, I get just them to look natural. The girl just cleans them,and uses the natual shape as a guide. She is great!

I heard that the threading is less painful than waxing and plucking, is it ? How long does it take ? :Push:

I get threaded...(not a pic of me) or I do it for myself.

asset_small

My facial lady told me that waxing can deteriorate the elasticity in your skin over time and create more wrinkles.

i was blessed with naturally well shaped eyebrows. which is good, because i am such a baby when it comes to brows for some reason. there are about three stray hairs that i get whenever i see they've grown back...so i only pluck once every three weeks or so.

orajel, huh? i gotta try it. for some reason, since i've been pregnant i've been really sensitive. even just plucking hurts. thanks Prada.

my hairs grow out pretty fast so i guess i pluck about twice a week. i don't like those little hairs that grow in either.

i have a question about threading. how exactly does it work?

i have never ever done anything with my eyebrows. people have commented on how lucky i am that i do not need to do anything with them, which i think is great because i would not know what to do or where to go.

happypug said:
I get threaded...(not a pic of me) or I do it for myself.

asset_small

My facial lady told me that waxing can deteriorate the elasticity in your skin over time and create more wrinkles.

my sister was telling me about this. she absolutely loves it. thanks for the pic, because she was trying to explain it, but i still could not understand. does this hurt?

If I don't pluck almost daily, I will literally look like Bert from Sesame Street!!! My brows will grow almost completely together if I do not get waxed regularly. My esthestician uses a cold wax that seems to be much gentler than traditional wax.

I get my eyebrows threaded. It is not as painful as waxing or plucking but it is a little uncomfortable. I cannot pluck my own eyebrows, I am afraid I would mess them up.

Pradasmeadow said:
I heard that the threading is less painful than waxing and plucking, is it ? How long does it take ? :Push:

I have had my brows threaded. The first time was in Dubai and they did an incredible job - they were perfect. Then when I came back to London I had them done at a very posh and " celeb " salon called Vashailys in central london - the shape was okay but not worth the expense. It is also incredibly painful ( i'm not kidding my eyes were watering! ) and it seemed to encourage hair growth so it grew back stronger and darker !! I swear I would have ended up like a werewolf if I'd kept on going!

Now I have them waxed once a month in Aveda in Holborn and they do them beautifully. I live in dread of them being too thin - I like them full but tidy and with a nice arch.

Can I also say that my friend is a beauty therapist in the states and she has no time for anastasia who apparently is quite well known in the states - she says her shaping is not that good - at least thats what she tells me!!