How much would it cost to pay for all expenses outside of the surgerys itself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoungJijii

Sofa King Banned
Jun 28, 2022
What would the general total cost of the expenses like, plane ticket, hotel, food, transportation, translator, etc. be for around a 3 week stay? I know it really depends on a lot of factors like the hotel you'd be staying at, the type of transportation you use, where you'd get your food, etc. But I'd like to hear how much you guys paid in total for the entirely of your stay minus the procedures.

I'm hoping 15k USD is enough to pay for everything + v-line and rhinoplasty.

Last edited:
I tracked all my expenses and ended up spending between $3k-$4k for a three week stay in Korea to recover, not including surgery costs. I saved by staying at an Airbnb, cooking at home, not using a translator, and utilizing public transportation.
Does that include the cost of plane tickets? What country did you fly from?

I stayed in Korea for 3 weeks and the airbnb I stayed at was just under $1800. I’m pretty sure you can find cheaper but I booked last minute. For food and transportation I spent roughly $350 a week and never cooked a meal at the airbnb. Medication was roughly $100. I didn’t use any translator. Translator apps worked well enough for me and a lot of young people spoke some level of English so it was enough to get around.

I stayed in Korea for 3 weeks and the airbnb I stayed at was just under $1800. I’m pretty sure you can find cheaper but I booked last minute. For food and transportation I spent roughly $350 a week and never cooked a meal at the airbnb. Medication was roughly $100. I didn’t use any translator. Translator apps worked well enough for me and a lot of young people spoke some level of English so it was enough to get around.
What about for plane tickets?

By Western standards, Seoul is cheap. I stayed in an immaculately clean Airbnb in the north of Seoul on my own for about $30 a night. It was so nice I couldn't believe it. It did take about 1 hour to get to Gangnam area. The subway fare was about $1 each way. A taxi from Gangnam to where I was staying was about $30. I splurged on a taxi ride after rhinoplasty but that was the only time. When I went back to see the doctor the next day, I just took the train. Of course, this may not be possible after all procedures.

Eating out is also cheap. You can have a really nice (like cockle salad over rice or bibimbap) meal for about $10. And if you just want like gimbap, that was like $3 per big roll. It's even cheaper if you're cooking for yourself. If you're close to a big supermarket, there's all kinds of prepared congees and banchan you can buy. Another way to save money: just take the subway to and from the airport.

Reactions: autbot3000
Status
Not open for further replies.