How Much Does It Hurt?

I didn't think it was too bad. A good waxer pulls it fast. For me the most painful part is around the bony part in front. I've had the same experience with lasering too, though I think lasering hurts worse than waxing.

In LA, I went to Portofino Sun Center & Spa. I can't remember the name of the woman who waxed me, I think she's the only woman who does the waxing there, so it shouldn't be a problem, but she's Brazilian and she's fantastic!! Didn't take long at all. She uses a few different types of waxes depending on your skin and hair. It's on Santa Monica right by Rodeo Dr. Here's the phone number: (310) 276-8855. Let me know what happens!

IMO it really depends on the place you go to and the technician you get. My first brazilian was not painless but totally bearable, and I'd never been waxed anywhere before. The esthetitian used a special kind of wax (I think the same kind sarcal just mentioned, except it was a honey color, not blue), used baby powder to make sure my skin wouldn't get pulled up and got me a little involved at the beginning to take my mind off of it. It was great. I came away wishing I had the $$ to do it regularly.

My second was at a different spa I a gift certificate for, and it was HORRID. The woman's theory was that the quicker she did it, the better it would be. She was careless and ended up having to do a lot more work because she didn't do things properly the first time around. It was so painful and I somehow ended up with bruises! Not pretty.

So I guess just do your research and make sure you go to a good person and you will find that the few moments of not-very-excruciating pain are totally worth it. I can recommend someone in Chicago! :smile: And give you a really big warning about someone else in Chicago, lol.

Which places are they? Lol I live in Chicago...

I went to a Brazilian place for my first time and it wasn't all that painful!! I was surprised! They used some special type of wax that didn't require cloth strips. If you're in the NY area PM me!