How much does it cost for hair nowadays?

Free! I bought the CreaClip during the phase where people couldn‘t get haircuts (there are multiple ways to use it before you judge any videos you watch - the upside down technique is NOT the way to go IMO 😅) and my husband bought a Wahl clipper set. We looked decent during that wild time as a result and we still look decent now 🙂 We actually prefer doing each other‘s hair now after these few years and I don‘t think we‘ll be going back to the salon anytime soon. He does a blunt bob on me with the CreaClip and I use a combo of the clippers for the back and sides plus the CreaClip on the top for him.

I think the only people that *may* be able to tell we cut each others‘ hair are professional stylists, and maybe not even then. Our neighbour who is a salon owner thinks we do a pretty good job.

Before that phase, it was about $80 CAD for a basic trim last I checked.
Cool! I'm going to check out CreaClip.

I bought a Wahl clipper set and have been cutting DH's hair for years. He hates going to a barber shop. At first my haircuts were pretty bad, so bad his family noticed and made remarks. One day he ran into his former barber on the street and his barber offered to fix his hair. :lol: :lol: But I think I've improved a bit, thanks to Youtube videos. The fact that he's grown older and his hair has thinned has helped too.

Now my elderly mom, even though she's suffering dementia, freaks out over my haircuts and styling, so she's the only one in the family still getting the full salon treatment.

Men's haircuts here are about $40 plus tip.

Reactions: Farkvam and limom
I changed hairdresser in February as my previous hairdresser had a stroke and retired.
Luckily I have no grey hairs, so highlights and blow dry and tip came to just under £300.
It was a great experience and I feel decades younger(literally )- my hair has been transformed , I’m sticking with the same hairdresser in the same salon(branded salon)

I changed hairdresser in February as my previous hairdresser had a stroke and retired.
Luckily I have no grey hairs, so highlights and blow dry and tip came to just under £300.
It was a great experience and I feel decades younger(literally )- my hair has been transformed , I’m sticking with the same hairdresser in the same salon(branded salon)
highlights are more expensive than doing roots but they last longer....my roots could be done every three weeks.....highlights you can go three months or longer?

Reactions: cecchetti
highlights are more expensive than doing roots but they last longer....my roots could be done every three weeks.....highlights you can go three months or longer?
Highlights are great if you are lightheaded and willing to deal with hair damage.
I must say that in the hands of a competent stylist, it looks fantastic.
I don’t know about decades younger:giggle: but definitely better looking.

Highlights are great if you are lightheaded and willing to deal with hair damage.
I used to get highlights at the salon but when I would do my roots the color would wash over them and basically eliminate them

Reactions: limom
I don’t have a single grey hair, and everyone guesses my age at at least 25 years younger than my true age (56 in April).
My hair is also in the best condition it’s been in for years..

Attachments

• IMG_3590.jpeg
    IMG_3590.jpeg
    116.2 KB · Views: 28
Last edited: