How many tubes to get free makeup at MAC

They have to be empty, and they do accept anything, well cept of course the eyeliner/lipliners that you sharpen... 6 empties = 1 free lipstick! Theres also a special list of people, that get either a free lipstick, lipglass or eyeshadow. I think I might be on the list, but I'm not toooo sure.

it seems kinda werid bring back empty items. has anyone actually tried it?

I've done it a couple times before, I returned empty eyeshadow pots that I depotted. They welcome them with open arms, of course you cant return or exchange it though! At Nordies, they give you the lipstick with no box, and mark the bottom. At Macys they give you the lipstick and the box without marking. At MAC stores, they give the box, no mark, BUT its the fastest, because you dont have to fill out things that they make you fill out at the counters. Soo MAC stores are the best place for B2M!

Yes any empty products, except like makeup wipes & stuff like that. So eyeshadows, lip stuff, blush, foundation etc are all fine.

Actually, the empty wipes bag does count as an empty.

Here is what's on the PRO site:
Most primary packaging of M·A·C products is accepted as Back to M·A·C "currency." M·A·C does not accept the following as a part of the program:

Secondary packaging of any sort [paper box, plastic/cellophane wrapper, shopping bags, etc.]
Samples [sample containers, special/trial size products for promotional/seasonal kits]
Cosmetic applicators/tools [disposables, puffs, sponges, scissors, spatulas, swabs, sharpeners, tweezers, curlers]
Accessories [bags, belts, makeup cases, lashes, Blot Film]

They have to be empty, and they do accept anything, well cept of course the eyeliner/lipliners that you sharpen... 6 empties = 1 free lipstick! Theres also a special list of people, that get either a free lipstick, lipglass or eyeshadow. I think I might be on the list, but I'm not toooo sure.

No, there is no list. You can get only a lipstick at counters. However, at freestanding stores, you can choose from an eyeshadow, lipstick or lipgloss.

Hope that helps.

Can you bring back full products?? I have a ton of stuff people have given me over the years that I'll never use.

I know some people that have returned full products. It seems like what is accepted and not accepted varies extremely from location to location. You just have to try different places and see what they'll accept. I know some places won't accept depotted eyeshadows and some that don't care.

Really?!? I've thrown a few of those away. They don't have the B2M recycle logo anywhere on the package, so I assumed they didn't accept them.

Hi michie!

Yes! Those lash boxes can definitely be included in the recycling program. I wasn't aware of it either until the SA informed me when I purchased a new pair. I threw away a couple of those too :sweatdrop: But I guess we'll know better now...

The SA told me just about everything is part of B2M program - like lash cases, empty tubes of mascara, lipstick, lipgloss/lustreglass, depotted eyeshadow, pigment jars, empty paint tubes (a.k.a. eyeshadow in a tube), empty plastic containers of powder & blush, the glass containers of foundation, etc. etc.