how many do you have???

I feel so bad LOL! It seems I'm the one with the least clothing here, but what the hell. I'm hoping to expand my wardrobe once I reach my ideal weight. So here goes:

Jeans: 8
Tshirts: 30
Slacks: 5
Sweaters: 10
Tank tops: 6
Shorts: 3
Dresses: 3
Skirts: 4
Blazers: 2
Hoodies: 3
Track Suits: 3

jeans-- over 50 but I only wear 2 pair/styles religiously....lol.

tshirts--Maybe 12. I don't really wear t-shirts out of the house so I never buy many. I always keep good fitted white ones on hand for spring/summer.

skirts--Over 50--I love flirty skirts and some go with suits or are more dressy.

dresses--Over 30--I love dresses and I'm sure I have close to 50. I just purchased 3 yesterday alone.

pants--over 40--I love nice dress pants and I have workout pants, casual pants...etc

shorts--around 15 pair--I always add during spring/summer

sweaters--over 30--I love great sweaters

shirts--button front/long/short/3/4 sleeves--about 25

blouses--about 15

Suits--about 6

Blazers---about 14

I don't think I have too many clothes. I know I have enough but not too many...lol. I give to Charity a lot also and when I buy new items I always try to give older items away. I also get rid of items I haven't worn in over a year.

I buy classics mostly..nothing real trendy. I keep trendy items to a minimum. Most of my clothing works year in and year out and people alway swear I have a lot of clothing or always have something new but I really just take good care of what I have.

I just checked the 34 pieces blog, I have to see how that goes. I really couldn't do much with 34 pieces only, I think, so I am impressed with anyone who can!

:P
for some reason i am aiming to do no repeats -- i suppose to see just what exactly can be done with 34 pieces (but i have to stress, 34 does not include shoes, underwear, accessories or coats - i posted a list of my "extras" at the bottom of the blog in the interest of full disclosure though. lol).
obviously many (dare i say "most"?) people do not have any desire to never repeat, so i guess if i get 60-80 outfits out of it that would be pretty good, right? well, we'll see.

Oh wow....this is a rough guestimate of what is in my closet now (this is just my winter wardrobe...the summer wardrobe is packed away)...in addition I just purged 3 garbage bags about 3 weeks ago:

Jackets: 6
Hoodies: 8
Wrap sweaters: 5
Cardigans: 2
T-shirts (short sleeve): about 40 (winter only shirts)
Long sleeve t-shirts for layering: about 20
Sweaters: 15
Tanks: 10
Sweats/lounging pants: 7
Jeans (all designer): 10
Shoes: 25
Pants: 15
Button up shirts: 10

My summer wardrobe mostly adds capris, tanks, and more tees.

I am currently working on establishing a more dressy/feminine wardrobe so things have been in constant rotation....lots going to Goodwill and more coming in.

I've probably got at least 500 items including all seasonal stuff, evening wear I don't wear that often, etc. Yikes, never thought of the actual number!

bear in mind i have just had a clear out and got rid of about 2 3rds of my wardrobe i thought id been a good girl but i wasnt so smug after id counted.
shoes: around 100 pairs (20 pairs of flip flops and i only wear them 4 weeks of the year at the most)

Coats/jackets: 25
jeans: 5
trousers:11
skirts:30
tops:50
tshirts:50 ish
jumpers:15
dresses: 20
i love PJs and comfy clothes like juicy sets and victorias secrets pink range so i have about 30 of those sort of sets (by sets i mean trousers vest and hoody)

well lets see, I could never ever get that. I got crap everywhere, and at last count I had over 100 pair of shoes alone.....
I am compulsive when I buy things, if I like it, I buy it 2 or 3 in different colors..