How Many Coats Do You Own?

Are you me? I can’t stop buying coats and blazers either and at this point, can go a few weeks without repeating. Our “go to” coat brands are identical. I love Max Mara for dressier coats, Canada Goose and Moncler for more practical winter wear and Burberry for trench. I recently bought not one but three Toteme coats. Coats and blazers are like chips—You can’t just have one!
Sounds great-in the U.K. you need a coat or jacket most of the year.. but where do you store them all?
I have 2 wardrobes(closets!)- 1 for clothes and 1 for coats and jackets ..all under covers.

I May donate my raincoat as, although it was very expensive , it’s far too big and I’ve only worn it once in over 2 years.
I also want to add a new winter coat, and an YSL Le Smoking, but I'm on a Temporary clothes ban, having overspent..

The clothes ban includes a bespoke leather jacket with Porusus crocodile , which I’m paying the balance on in September , so I’ve got that to look forward to-there’s a hanger in the coats wardrobe waiting for it.

In total I have 11 coats and jackets(I donated the raincoat as above)

I have

2 winter coats-1 shearling, 1 faux fur hooded BCBG Max Azria
2 winter jackets-1 shearling, 1 Calvin Klein fitted hooded
5 leather jackets
1 beige cropped blazer
1 Alexander McQueen suit blazer in black(have trousers)

They all live under suit covers on coat hangers and fill up a double wardrobe.

Next year I’ll replace the coats with a bespoke shearling as they’re several years old, I May replace the winter jackets as well.
Also may add another bespoke biker jacket.
May replace the beige blazer with a Savile Row suit, or the following year for sure.

My other wardrobe is for separates.

Reactions: GraffS
Update, just ordered a black hooded shearling coat(Sandro, not bespoke).
So 12 coats and jackets.
My coats and jackets closet will be jam packed!

The bespoke one will definitely happen(I’ve started making enquiries for quotes, and have a design), but I’ll see how much I spend on clothing next year and decide which year I have the Savile Row suit made before deciding which year to do the coat.
Also Possibly one last biker jacket..

2 leather jackets
1 Suede Jacket
1 Wool coat (barely wear)
5 puffer coats (am I the only one who prefers to wear mostly puffer coats)

I really would like to add a shearling coat and have my eye on the Nili Lotan one but it’s a lil over my budget. Is there any good ones you guys recommend?

Too many:

3 technical parkas (2 from Cape Horn and 1 from Sail EXP)

3 wind breakers (1 from Cape Horn and 2 from Sail EXP)

2 rain coats (both Sail EXP)

1 yak Peacoat (Isaia)

2 double breasted cashmere overcoats (1 from Kiton and 1 from Johnstons of Elgin)

1 merino wool duffle coat that weighs a ton (from Sail Exp)

1 car coat (Burberry)

1 shearling teddy coat (Coach 1941)

1 trench (Alyx for Mackintosh collab)

1 leather coat (Digel)

1 Safari jacket (Digel)

1 Varsity jacket (Roots and Pendleton collab)

• Love
Reactions: cecchetti and 880
- 2 Full Length Mink
- 1 Full Length Fox and Badger
- 2 Stroller Length Mink
- 1 Hip Length Sheared Beaver
- 1 Hip Length Sheared Beaver trimmed with Fox
- 1 Hip Length Golden Isle Fox
- 2 Hip Length Mink
- 1 Hip Length Persian Lamb
- 1 Stroller Length Beaver
- 1 Burberry Trench
- 1 no label short coat black trench
- 1 tan suede short coat
I think I've left something off, but this is the majority of my coats.

I love these! A few are Max Mara? What are the other ones? Though I really shouldn’t eye any new coats since I already have way too many and, like you, only wear a few.

• Thanks
Reactions: Pollie-Jean
1 Burberry leather trench cost
1 Burberry parka
1 7/8 Saga mink stroller
1 Blackglama full length mink coat
1 Prada wool coat
1 Max Mara Teddy
1 Max Mara Manuela
1 Bergdorf Goodman Shearling coat
1 Fleurette wool coat
1 Donna Karan faux Teddy

(I feared comprising this list, but it's actually not as bad as I thought it would be, considering they're (mostly) all different, in addition to my cold-weather winter location 🤣...)