How long to take to oxidize?

sometimes i use them daily, and dont cary them on my arm but i hold them. especially on warm/humid days where my hands get moist, the patina gets darker!

this might be too extreme for some, but i use extra virgin olive oil to speed-up the patina. i just don't like the pale leather. if it gets dirty, it shows! i just massage a minute amount of oil directly onto the leather and let it sit in the mornig sun for an hour. i do this every two days until the leather is nice and golden... plus it's glossy and water-repellent too!

I darkened my new Denim Baggy PM - faithfully put it on the window sill every day for 6 weeks. Then I conditioned and sprayed it. It has a great patina!

deluxeduck said:
this might be too extreme for some, but i use extra virgin olive oil to speed-up the patina. i just don't like the pale leather. if it gets dirty, it shows! i just massage a minute amount of oil directly onto the leather and let it sit in the mornig sun for an hour. i do this every two days until the leather is nice and golden... plus it's glossy and water-repellent too!

yes, I used exra virgin olive oil also..hehehe I thought I am a nut case.

in the "Fabulous Alma" thread, i've posted a photo of some of my mum's LV. in it is a s/o vachetta Alma and an older Speedy 30 that have both been treated with olive oil and morning sun.

I wanted to take the pics but my DH took it with him for 3 weeks trip out of town..
I only use olive oil the first week when I got it as a base coat. I think it makes the leather water proof so no water marks.