How is your Loewe holding up?

mi.kay

O.G.
Aug 10, 2012
Since Loewe became a new subforum recently, I thought it'll be nice to have a thread where users can share photos of their love for Loewe here, and can be a good reference for other people who are interested in this brand

Let me share my 4 month old small puzzle in tan leather... (This is my second piece as I have returned one after 3 days of gentle use and the glazing peeled pretty badly.)
My current bag's leather is still holding up very well. I love the smoothness of the leather so much

20210313_112037.jpg

20210313_112045.jpg

20210104_124652.jpg

Last edited:
Great idea, super helpful for anyone considering buying one (like me). Thank you!

This is the pebbled/soft grained leather, correct? Do you ever wear it when it rains? I'm considering the smooth calf or the natural calf (in the large size, men's line although I'm a woman). I'm always evaluating if I can wear bags in rain for some reason...

Great idea, super helpful for anyone considering buying one (like me). Thank you!

This is the pebbled/soft grained leather, correct? Do you ever wear it when it rains? I'm considering the smooth calf or the natural calf (in the large size, men's line although I'm a woman). I'm always evaluating if I can wear bags in rain for some reason...

This is the <Classic Calfskin in Tan colour> as named by the website, not the <Soft Grain Calfskin in Soft Caramel colour>, which can be quite confusing because both colours/leather look so similar!
I live in a humid and tropical country and have been using it almost every day for work and errands. Yes, it has caught in rain but only for a short while, for instance running a few steps into my car under heavy rain. I wipe my bag once i get into my car so the water drops don't stay sitting on the leather. So far there hasn't been any issues with the leather!

hope to see more photos of older well-used bags to see how they've aged! :smile:

This is the <Classic Calfskin in Tan colour> as named by the website, not the <Soft Grain Calfskin in Soft Caramel colour>, which can be quite confusing because both colours/leather look so similar!
I live in a humid and tropical country and have been using it almost every day for work and errands. Yes, it has caught in rain but only for a short while, for instance running a few steps into my car under heavy rain. I wipe my bag once i get into my car so the water drops don't stay sitting on the leather. So far there hasn't been any issues with the leather!

hope to see more photos of older well-used bags to see how they've aged! :smile:

Thank you for clarifying! The classic calfskin always has the white logo I realized now. The soft grain one and the natural calfskin one don't have colour in the stamped logo. One way to distinguish them especially on streetstyle pics.

I treated mine with a rain protectant spray after a YouTuber recommended it––she has the same black smooth Puzzle that I have and has had it for quite some time. It's still nearly flawless

Reactions: CrackBerryCream
I now decided on Loewe for my day bag. I am not in love with the Puzzle but did fall head over heels for The Barcelona. Any people here that can give me their review.... pros/cons? I am thinking of the Oat color for spring/summer and hoping it stays clean.

Can anyone contribute with the Loewe Hammock?

I don't own my hammock anymore, but when I did own it, I did love it because it was so well made and unique looking. I had it for just about a year and it held up beautifully. The thing that drove me nuts though were that the straps were not long enough to be held on the crook of your arm. It's strictly handheld or crossbody with the strap, although when worn crossbody I was not a fan of that look whatsoever. The construction of the bag though is truly art. I ultimately sold it because of the strap length and the bag was way too big for me (I had the small) - it's a black hole in there. Also keep in mind that the opening is very large, and while it can be closed with a clasp, it's still pretty much wide open for you or anyone else to reach inside.

Here's my Medium Puzzle in the classic Tan/Gold colour, and I have had it since Jan 2020 and have used it consistently, at least twice a week, and I must say the quality is impeccable... absolutely zero corner wear, zero glazing issues, zero scratches on the hardware, minus the feet, etc. The only thing that has 'aged' is the softening of leather over continuous use, as well as being constantly stuffed with items inside - which can be most evidently in the body of the bag, and also the handle, as I like to hand carry it a lot). The only thing that has some wear is that the light coloured fabric interior has some dirt marks, but that could be easily resolved if I bothered to clean it - so that's on me.

Below is a side by side comparison of my Puzzle when it was about a week old (left, taken on the 8th Jan 2020) and on the right (taken on the 11th April 2021).

IMG_8421.jpeg IMG_1007.jpeg

Hope this helps anyone in deciding! Long story short, I highly recommend it, and I am intending on getting the OG Small Puzzle, and the Mini Puzzle in the future - because I like the design and functionality of the bag so much!

Thank you for clarifying! The classic calfskin always has the white logo I realized now. The soft grain one and the natural calfskin one don't have colour in the stamped logo. One way to distinguish them especially on streetstyle pics.
Not really though. I've seen the classic calfskin with no color in the stamped logo, like the burgundy or the dark blue.

Reactions: CrackBerryCream
Hi! Can i hear your thoughts, having a hard time deciding whether to get the loewe puzzle in classic calf or the soft grained leather. I read that the classic smooth calf retains its shape more and will last longer, is this true?

Reactions: Iluvwatches