How does LV afford to give us all these boxes and wrappings ?

Absolutely agree with the other posts if we actually knew the cost of producing one LV bag we would be shocked I suspect that it is very low considering the volume of bags that they produce. They can well afford the boxes & dustbags & they don't always even offer a box!

Of course they can afford it!! LV charges us outrageous prices!!!! (I still like purchasing things from them though) They charge us so much and keep raising the prive at least 3 times a year! Although their boxes are of a very good quality, boxes and tissue are still cheap! And considering how stingey they are with the boxes and tissue I doubt the cost of those things are even worth a blink of an eye.

Here is LV's reponse to my request for a better dust cover....

We would like to thank you for your visit on our web site and your
interest in Louis Vuitton.

In reference to your inquiry, I apologize but we no longer carry the
felt dustcovers as you may have received with your Monogram Denim Neo
Speedy. Our new dustcovers are improved with a more breathable material
and there simply is no alternative. Louis Vuitton also does not sell
dustcovers, nor are we able to provide additional dustcovers to
customers as each item arrives from our workshop with its own dust cover
and no additional dustcovers are available. I am sorry for any
disappointment this may cause.

Should you need any further information, please contact Customer
Relations at 866-VUITTON.

Best Regards,
Claire Saint Hilaire - LOUIS VUITTON
[email protected]
www.louisvuitton.com

It really bothers me how they lie to us. :yucky: The items DO NOT come from their workshop with its own dust cover. Even if they do, i am positive they have a stack of extras. I needed a dustbag for Speedy at one point and went through so many stores each store stating one reason or another not to give me one (geez! It's just a dustbag! What is a dustbag to a company as big as LV?). Finally I ran into a very nice manager at the Wynn LV and she brought out several sizes for me to choose from. :shame:

It really bothers me how they lie to us. :yucky: The items DO NOT come from their workshop with its own dust cover. Even if they do, i am positive they have a stack of extras. I needed a dustbag for Speedy at one point and went through so many stores each store stating one reason or another not to give me one (geez! It's just a dustbag! What is a dustbag to a company as big as LV?). Finally I ran into a very nice manager at the Wynn LV and she brought out several sizes for me to choose from. :shame:

Yep, you just need a good SA for as many dustbags/boxes you legitimately need.

Liberté;1702006 said:
They are made in china, and EVERYTHING we get is taken into consideration when price is determined. Customer service, wages, boxes, web-page costs, the hotline, repairs....

yup, shopping bags, boxes,stickers and maybe even their tissue paper are all made in china (sometimes my boutique in Montreal gives out the Ogilvy tissue paper which is, i think, made in Canada, but at other times there's the 'no brand' tissue paper lol which i think is LV's chinese paper lol). So,...... in terms of cost, I'd say all 4 types of items are worth 50 CENTS TOTAL!......pretty cheap:idea:

What do they mean by a more "breathable" material for their dustbags? I have a funny feeling that translated it means "flimsier"

Breathable means that the air goes through the fabric more easily. That said, the bag for my Neo Speedy is a nicely finished with draw strings. The new Manhattan PM has the very same fabric but only serged on the edges with a fold over top. I KNOW when someone is blowing smoke at me!! This last bag is nothing but a way to increase their profit margin. Those little pennies do add up, ladies...

That said, there is a very interesting post about the profit margin on these bags on this thread, I believe, that will really make your eyes pop. Don't read it if you don't want to be upset. I don't mind a fair price for a quality piece of goods and I think that I have that, I wouldn't be going out and buying a whole lot of these. There are other brands just as beautiful and a lot more stylish, Gucci's new Spring 2007 line for example. To each their own...