How do you pack a purse?

I've read on the eBay forum that many women are upset because they recive their purses in their dustbags in a cardboardbox only.

So how do you pack your purse before sending it to it's new owner properly then? I recived mine in their dustbags, the box and sometimes the purse has been lined in som textil or newspaper, but not often.

Do you ladies get upset f it dosen't have any other protection than the dustbag and then box?

Twice I have received purses packaged like this from the US...:s I never left neg bacause they arrived in perfect condition but think this is a little light for overseas packages... I usually giftwrap as well and bubblewrap + enveloppe the box!

I love all the wrapping suggestions here. I never thought about the plastic bag/rain protection issue (and I've never received a bag I purchased from ebay that was wrapped that way, either) and I LOVE the idea and I will start doing that. You guys are the best!

I do reuse packing materials as much as possible due to environmental issues. I save all the bubble wrap and evil styrofoam peanuts that I receive and use 'em again. I never mind when stuff gets send to me in reused boxes, either. I take that as an environmental choice rather than a sign of cheapness. Bags sent in envelopes, however - that would be completely unacceptable. I can't imagine sending a bag off that way.

I reuse also. Not if something is gross obviously. But, I also have environmental concerns and our family is all about reuse and recycle.

For the rain protection, if the bag is small enough, and I remember, if it is being shipped USPS priority mail, I take a Priority Mail Tyvek bag and seal the purse in that before putting it in the box. I know Tyvek can take a beating, including rain.

i put the purse in the dustbag and then put that bag in a plastic bag. I use newspaper or airpacks, if I have them. After I've made sure nothing is moving around in the box, I seal all openings. It is probably a pain in the butt for the buyer to open the box, but I know the purse is safely secured inside.

Choose a clean, new box (hopefully you have charged Priority, or let's use that for an example, so the box is free); choose a box that is bigger than the bag, so you don't have to mash it in; pack the bag in its duster, then pack that in a clean cello bag (like birthday bags, cheap at places like Dollar Store); spend a dollar on some ribbon so you tie a bow; use peanuts, or tissue, or anything CLEAN (not newspaper) to put in the box-the object is that when you shake the box nothing wiggles-use USPS address labels, cut off top if you aren't sending Priority-PRINT THE ADDRESS AND YOUR RETURN ADDRESS-cover address w/clear tape, in case box gets wet. The cello bag is also protection for the bag if (and this happens) the box gets wet. When you receive something packed well, it puts you in a much better frame of mind when you examine your purchase...never let it look like you just grabbed the item, stuffed it in something and sent it off-works like a charm!

I would love to buy a bag from you :smile: sounds like it comes like a christmas present hehe

And everyone else too I love these ideas :smile: i never buy off ebay cause i am scared of it (fakes and all) BUT if i ever did i would love to get a bag these ways and if i sold one i would DEF do all the things in these postings
awsome ladies!

Great information, ladies! I too am very careful packing my items; I mail them like I would like to receive them. For those who wondered, I do not think using plastic bags for packing material is ghetto at all. It's a great way to recycle all of those plastic bags that you get everywhere. I reuse my brown paper bags from the grocery store as padding and also to wrap around the bag that I've already wrapped in tissue paper. I also reuse the tissue paper that my bags come wrapped in from the store. I always wonder if someone might think I'm being cheesy because the tissue paper has obviously been used. I smooth it out as best as I can and I don't advertise that they'll come wrapped in the paper, I'm just all about the recycling of materials that are still in clean, usable condition. I've also wondered if people thought I had a "tape" problem b/c my boxes have tape plastered all over them - edges and corners. I'm glad to hear I'm "normal". (at least in this regard heh heh)