How Do You Deal With Criticism ?

1. Does it depend on who is giving it ?
  2. I think I deal fine with, but I think when some people offer it what they really mean is "here's my chance to tell you off." If it's constructive and sound, I take it well even bad. If the person is just trying to be mean, I tell them how I feel.
  3. Not as well as I'd like to think I do!! I deal with professional criticism treally well, you can only improve from it, but personal not so well, I'm sensitive at heart!
  4. not on who is giving it, but HOW it is given. costructive -- i take pretty well, otherwise not so much.
  5. I take criticism very hard, but I try not to let on. Even if it's construtctive, criticism always makes me feel really bad, and I have a really difficult time dealing with it. If someone criticizes something about my appearance, it gives me a complex!!!

I really need to work on that. :-P
  6. If it's professional/constructive criticism then I take it well. It's good for me.

But personal criticism, I don't even give them a chance to finish whatever it is they have to say. I tell em' off right away :biggrin:
  7. not well at all. even if they're trying to help me, i feel like it's always personal
  8. Kind of, I'd like the person giving me criticism to be someone I know well at least!
  9. Same here. I cry pretty easily, even if someone didn't mean it in a hurtful way, I somehow convince myself that they hate me or something.
  10. Definitely depends on who is giving it and how it is given...and also if I feel it has any validity. If it does I'll try to work on that area, but if it doesn't I'll shrug it off. I tend to keep an open mind though :biggrin:
  11. I am deeply appreciative of being corrected when I am wrong; it doesn't matter who provides the facts or insights. However, I do not care for unfounded or immaterial sniping.

Fortunately, I don't get to experience much of either.
  12. i think deal with it ok... i mean when i first got some criticism - almost cried! but now im much better and just deal with it!
  13. aw, man. maybe we should start a support program! i cry sooooo easily!
  14. ^^^ LOL same here! If it's a random person I don't really care and I accept it for what it is. But if it's someone close to me, I don't know what it is, but I don't take it very well. I guess I care too much about what people think of me and sometimes I feel stupid or like I should have known better if someone criticizes me.
  15. It depends why the person is doing it. If they are doing it to help me I am ok with it. If they are doing just to be mean then I get really defensive. I dosn't take much to make me cry either!