How did you and hubby/SO meet?

Never listen to your parents when they say you'll never meet anyone in a bar!!!

I was at my local club/bar dancing alone, facing the wall, eyes closed. I opened them to find a cute girl right in front of me. She asked how long we had been dating. Puzzled, I asked "Dating who?". "The wall" she said. "She's a little stiff. Mind if I cut in??". I was a little self conscious as I had been dancing all night and had developed a bit of a sweat, so I was kinda stand offish. That song was the last of the night, so when it ended, we walked off. I shook her hand and said "nice meeting you"...like a complete tool. The whole ride home I was kicking myself in the ass about not getting her number. I went to the club's Myspace page and what do I see? The last comment on their page was made by her. I clicked her profile, but it was private and I couldn't message her. so, I left a comment on the Club's page, right above hers telling her to message me. She did, and we've been together ever since (6 months), and still going strong.

Everyone’s stories have been so great to read! I love this thread.

I met my BF through the internet, myspace actually. He sent me a message about my pug. He was thinking about getting a pug, so he just wanted to get some advice. We pretty much talked the next couple of weeks about pugs! He asked to meet me a couple times, because we lived like 10 minutes away, but I wasn’t really comfortable doing that. Of course I didn’t tell him that at the time, I pretty much stood him up and made excuses that I was busy. I am extremely shy, and I’m not one to just go and meet people off the internet. Well he ended up getting a pug, and we just talked online about our pugs and other stuff for about a year. Finally after asking me like 3 times to meet up and me blowing him off, he asked again. I knew he was a nice guy now, so I just went for it. We met up at a local Mexican restaurant we liked, ate on the patio and brought our pugs. Of course we pretty much just talked about the pugs! Haha. Well we made plans to get dinner the next night and left the pugs at home. I have seen him every day since. We’ve been together for a year + 1 month, and now live together with our 3 pugs! Hah.

Hahaha. This is a great thread.

I met my man when I was a junior in high school. I was doing the rebellious stage thing, and I snuck off one night to a local concert with a friend and his band. I was there early, helping them set up, and when we went outside to get some more equipment, another band passed us by on their way into the club. They were all in costume, very shocking looking, so it was hard to not notice them all....then my eyes travelled to the back of the group...
Their guitarist was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. This is funny to say, because he had a green mohawk, black eyes, and a gasmask on...lol Soooo weird to see, I know! But something about him just made me catch my breath. Well, my dad ended up coming to find me (how he knew where I was...?) so I never got to hear him play. I mentioned that night to my best friend, and it turned out they had known each other when they were really little.
A week or so later, she told me she had shown him a picture and he wanted to meet me. I said yes of course, and it turned out his friend had told him the same thing...we had been juped! He is the most wonderful person alive, he challenges my mind everyday, and I would just be lost without him!:love:

He was on a date with an acquaintance of mine. I ran into them at the local pub and grabbed his leg under the table. We've been together ever since. That was 6 years ago and we will be married in 6 months! (Needless to say, I'm not friends with that acquaintance anymore!)